Are these Grubs?

Discussion in 'Florida Lawn Care Forum' started by hilde123, Nov 13, 2011.

1. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Ed

Ok here is some sunshine. Pesticides are either RUP (Restricted Use Pesticides) or GUP (General Use Pesticides). RUP can only be purchased by Certified companies and must be signed for. RUP products must be Documented on every drop or grain of the product and where it is applied.

GUP products may be purchased by anyone and there is no record keeping requirement.

2. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

I guess that info is on page one of the pdf. for the various chemicals? There is so much info on those sheets for the chemicals that I would need a master degree to read them.

Ok thanks I promise I won't come over into the Florida section any more.

3. Landscape Poet

Landscape Poet LawnSite Gold Member

We welcome outsiders, the forum has just contained us here as we do not always play nice with others.:nono:

4. jvanvliet

jvanvliet LawnSite Gold Member

I personally love it when some Yankee tells us Southern lawn turds how they do it up north :laugh:

5. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

"But that is not how we do it Up Home."

6. the_bug_guy

the_bug_guy LawnSite Member

7. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

8. the_bug_guy

9. the_bug_guy

10. GreenT

GreenT LawnSite Fanatic

I'm no chemical applicator guru but it may have something to do with agriculture practices -sugarcane agronomy- as opposed to turf.

Preventive control requires the use of long residual insecticides, such as imidacloprid (Merit®, Season-Long Grub Control®), thiamethoxam (Meridian®), halofenozide (Mach2®, Ortho Grub-B-Gon®, Grub-Ex®), clothianidin (Arena®), or chlorantraniliprole (Acelepryn®). These products give good control of newly hatched grubs. The best application period is during the month or so before egg hatch until the time when very young grubs are present. Preventive control requires the use of long residual insecticides. Professional combination products (e.g., Allectus®, Aloft®) have a pyrethroid and a neonicotinoid insecticide premixed together, which could be used to try to reduce both adult and larval populations.