1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Are These Prices Correct?

Discussion in 'Tanaka' started by Fooltergeist, Jul 3, 2006.

1. Fooltergeist

Fooltergeist LawnSite Member

I read from one of the posts here that Russo Power Equipment in Chicago is a good online dealer. Their internet sales site appears to be down so I called them and was pleasantly surprised how comptetitive their pricing is.

For example, their TBC-2501 is going for $229, while their TBC-230 is selling at $189. I originally just wanted a homeowner model but with these fantastically low prices, I guess I'll go for the commercial unit. I have to trim a steep hill with tall grass and some tree-like saplings with 1/8" to 1/4" diameter trunks. I am in VA and shipping was quoted at $15-$20. Not bad at all.

So my questions are:

(1) My budget being not-to-exceed $300, which model should I go for?
    (2) Are these brand-new units and not refurbished, and how can they sell them for so low?

Thanks for any help.
  2. pugs

pugs LawnSite Gold Member

Those prices are most likely correct. They can sell them that cheap because they buy more than anyone else around.

However I would suggest paying a little more at a local dealer since you will probably get better service in the future. Although with Tanaka stuff...there isnt much service to be done to them ;)
  3. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Russo is a huge online dealer. Check Ebay, hes got a lot of stuff put up for sale! Don't kknow much about tanaka so I cant help you there though.
  4. Tanaka

Tanaka Inactive

1. I would go with the TBC-2501 or TBC-250PF
    2. Yes, they are new products. Russo is one of our POWERSELLERS - they buy at the best dealer price category.