are these prices right??

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by lawnpro2210, Sep 18, 2008.

1. lawnpro2210

lawnpro2210 LawnSite Member

2. Dirtman2007

Dirtman2007 LawnSite Platinum Member

Seems like a low price for that machine, either there's "something wrong with it" or someone's old lady is selling the old mans stuff!:laugh:

I would think that market value would be around $18,000- $20,000+ for that machine. looks like the U/C is in good shape
  3. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

Can you spell "stolen"?
  4. dozerman21

dozerman21 LawnSite Bronze Member

Only the D5 came up. That's way too low. It should be around $30-$35K. Probably a scam or misprint. On the flip side, I have heard of crazier deals due to divorce or estate sales...
  5. lawnpro2210

lol prolly a scam
    i see them all the time
  6. jefftb

jefftb LawnSite Senior Member

I've seen many, fire sale, oops sorry "divorce based fire sale" prices on Craigslist. There are three right now in my area.
  7. lawnpro2210

should i buy these two pieces of equipment and try and resale them at a higher price.Sent both of them a email and the said that they were for sale and that that was the price they wanted for them???
  8. CAT powered

CAT powered LawnSite Bronze Member

Make sure you get the serial numbers checked before you give the guy a cent. Those things look like they're so hot you'd need ovenmits.
  9. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

It could be stolen equipment or insurance fraud the owner claimed it stolen got insurance money for it.

If it sounds too good to be true then becarefull because its nothing but trouble.
  10. lawnpro2210

well here is what the lady sent me back.This is about the dozer.what do you think i could get for it in ohio?heres what she said

Hi, I'm a single mother with 2 children because i divorced with my husband and after the divorce i got this tractor,i don't need it and i need the money that's why I'm selling it so cheap. The tractor is in ........ at the shipping company. My husband (eX) is from .....and the tractor was there when the divorce finished(all papers of it are registered on my name) and i decided to sell and i only benefit of my husband to pay the shipping only if the sale goes trough eBay's protection program for our safety. Reply me with your full name and full address, I will send your details to eBay and they will contact you with invoice and support.