Are these trees dying? (pics)

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Kurfer, Oct 23, 2008.

1. Natural Impressions

Natural Impressions LawnSite Member

Be happy a homeowner is trying to get some helpful advice instead of just blaming the installer. I would like few customers like this.

2. ProMo

ProMo LawnSite Bronze Member

That is a rather rude comment

3. Smallaxe

Smallaxe LawnSite Fanatic

I was not cracking on your guy in particular, except for the crooked tree comment :), but rather agreeing with the fellow that said - it is a rare thing to find a proper install at a reasonale price.
    But I am glad that you brought 1 more point to the fore. Sprinkling with irrigation is not going to save your bushes, especially on the hill. Soak the darn things at install then again the next day then once or twice a week thereafter depending on the heat. Simple and no more problem. Watch for air bubbles and have enough of a dish around the base for a nice puddle b4 you shut the hose off.
    People who have shrubs and grass on the same sprinkling zones are NOT professional grade irrigation folk.

4. Whitey4

Whitey4 LawnSite Silver Member

:laugh: I hear ya.....

5. joshua

joshua LawnSite Bronze Member

wait till spring and post more pics of them, you will get answers. trees, shrubs, cutting grass, and fertilizing shouldn't be done once the temp. is over 85degrees but then again this isn't a perfect world.

6. lot0210

lot0210 LawnSite Member

Hay Obama gets in office none of us will have 401ks he wants the gov to take and regulate them all

7. JNyz

JNyz LawnSite Bronze Member

Most of us have made more money in the last 8 years then we ever had. Why change and take a chance?

8. Isobel

Isobel LawnSite Senior Member

wow. that was rude.