Are they for real?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by AztlanLC, Aug 4, 2003.

1. AztlanLC

AztlanLC LawnSite Bronze Member

It's just me or this site is getting full of people wanna be, telling they have hundres of customers, tons of equipment, 10+ employees and they can't actually prove it, I don't mind people showing off their equipment, their work

It's there anything that you guys would recommend to spot this people or even better stop'em?

2. Albemarle Lawn

Albemarle Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

There are foamers in the world everywhere, that's part of the fun about getting old, you learn how to spot the pretenders from legit people.

3. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

there are a few that i "respect" on here. i value their opinions much more than some other's that feel the need to detract from the discussion.

4. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

Those with experience usually have something pertinent to say. That's what I pay attention to. A poser is a poser and will show their true colors eventually.

:D

5. dougmartin2003

dougmartin2003 LawnSite Senior Member

i dont have hundredes of customers, but i wish i did or do i have thousands of dollars worth of mowers but i have been doing this for 6 years now and i love it. it is finally nice to be able to work for myself then a 9-5 job working for some other ------- making them rich

6. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

truth will out sooner or later. there are alll kinds ,man.... no body knows it all,...
    and just about everybody knows something,, that could be helpful to u an to me.

7. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Over the years I have seen many come and go on this site. Some get boared and just quit posting and others get found out. If someone can fake it for a long time they have to be an incredibly good liar or have some kind of knowledge.

Its pitiful that some people actually enjoy being something that they aren't but if you stay on this site a while you will form a list of those who do know the score and are for real and those who are trying to imitate them.

The Membership Benefits area is my suggestion for a good filter from what you are talking about. $60.00 ain't much to anyone but most fakers are not going to fork out bubble gum money just to play on a pay site. Good Luck.

8. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

Unless you make each member provide either their business license or a copy of the tax return you aren't really going to find out the pretenders. Even if you make this a pay site some people will still pay even though they do not do this for a living. Free knowledge is given on this site and you have to decide if the information given is from someone in the know or not.

Gravely_Man

9. GLAN

GLAN Banned

Like others have mentioned.

You can tell who is and who is not.

If your in it and your legit. Then you know who your peers are, and you will certainly know who are the wanna be's.

However though I am uneasy at the fact that any shmow can look through all the forums.

The homeowner forum is all they should be entitled to, unless signing up for all forums with some kind of proof that your in the business. What that proof is? I don't know? I will leave that up to the brain trust here to decide........;)

10. AztlanLC

AztlanLC LawnSite Bronze Member

That's what I'm talking about glan, I think you're into something, it would be nice to screen out some of the fake's,