are trucks like this getting harder to find?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by mower&more1986, Jan 4, 2008.

1. mower&more1986

mower&more1986 LawnSite Senior Member

2. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

They started with that body style 21 years ago. They get old and wear out like everything else.

Personally I liked the 92 to 96 style better.

3. mower&more1986

sad but true. after an instructor at the training school does an evaluation and see how much retraining Im going to need. Im going to get a good truck driving job and restore or find a 1987-1991 Ford F250 4x4 Ext cab perfect or almost perfect. but that down the road first I got to get a job.

4. mower&more1986

my evaluation is on monday. which isnt very far away but seems like it

5. mower&more1986

I will do lawncare someday but only when I have a house and a engough money to fall back on if it doesnt work.

6. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

man that truck is clean!!! very nice lookin. that is definately a rare find. but i also prefer the 92-97 body style better. but that one looks great. i doubt their that hard to find. i see those all over the place around here.

7. mower&more1986

also someday I think id like to move south for some breathing room it feels to crowded up here in IL and for more place to ride my atv.

hay Texanlawnandlandscape hows weather down there in texas?

8. All_Toro_4ME

All_Toro_4ME LawnSite Bronze Member

hey mower, did you just complete the truck driving training? how do you think you did? anyhow, good luck with your path...

9. FearThisDeere

FearThisDeere LawnSite Bronze Member

They are getting hard to find. There are a few around here, but they are all beaten to heck and back. That one you posted is the nicest one I've seen in a very long time. I'd be all over that for the price if I had a need for it.

10. mower&more1986

sadly its been two years since my first training. so i have to be retrain.
    I still have my class A CDL which Ive got to renew in Feb.
    most company require if you been out of a semi more then 12 months you have to be retrained. The test Im going to get at school will tell me how much I need to relearn. I hope to find somthing Local so maybe I could start a small LCO. But I'll take what I can get