Are We Criminals

Discussion in '<a href=http://www.plowsite.com target=_blank ?>Sn' started by diggerman, Nov 2, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. diggerman

diggerman LawnSite Senior Member
    from Iowa

Just wondering how those of you who do business in the same areas feel about the fact that we often find ourselves discussing pricing issues.Not so much letting out what we charge because that is not a crime but rather how to charge and how much to charge. The fact that setting of a particular price for plowing never happens as far as I can see alevates true criminal aspects of the discussion, some of the discussions may border on questionable.Most of the time when someone is told they are not charging enough or in the right way.Some how I think for this to be a place to freely talk about our businesses specific money issues maybe should be avoided and more of a theory of pricing adapted.Just a thought.

2. GeoffDiamond

GeoffDiamond LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

I say, what? I have been reading this forum for almost a year, I have yet to read about anyone pricing procedures that are questionable.

Geoff

3. thelawnguy

thelawnguy LawnSite Silver Member

We mostly sell services, and unlike selling products there is really no set price for every situation.

Snow removal is, I think, near impossible to come up with some kind of price fixing, if thats what you mean. Even if you tried to band together with area contractors to set hourly rate, big difference in production with a Wrangler vs. Western Star.

4. plowking35

plowking35 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from S.E. CT

Wow digger I think you are jesting. I mean in one post we are all idiots for suggesting that a person not overload his truck(which may be criminal) and the next post you are worring about colusionand anti trust legislation. I dont think the feds are to worried about a few plow guys at this site.
    Dino

5. iowastorm

iowastorm LawnSite Senior Member
    from Iowa

See Dig, that's why you should be a moderator. Definately an executive call on that.

6. diggerman

from Iowa

See I have to post some of those questionable posts other wise I get bored wading through posts about magic and urethane edges that continually rehash the same thing, thought I would a least make someone think for a minute.Tell you what it was hard to make it even seem plausible, so it didn't work I'll try better next time.

7. diggerman

from Iowa

Storm as for the moderator, our sense of humor eliminates us as well as the fact that we live on the wrong side of the Mississippi.Its kind of like a political party you gotta walk the line or you dont get nominated. Maybe there ought to be a weather forum and you could moderate that.

8. iowastorm

iowastorm LawnSite Senior Member
    from Iowa

Ah, a 'weather' forum. Do you mean like as to 'weather' I should finish my beer and have another one?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.