1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

are website effective?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by jetcleaned, Mar 15, 2006.

1. jetcleaned

jetcleaned LawnSite Member

are tshirts effective for this type of business i own jetcleaned .com just need someone to design it
  2. All-Pro LawnCare

All-Pro LawnCare LawnSite Member
    from NC

I have t-shirts, but I think a truck or trailer with a sign carries more weight.
  3. cha-chas plowing and lawn

cha-chas plowing and lawn LawnSite Member

truck sing,s are the best as long as that stand out:cool2:
  4. Trinity Lawn Care  LLC

Trinity Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

You have to remember what each component of marketing is for. Websites, T-shirts, truck lettering, etc. are not a driving force to make the phone ring. These things although can land you calls have a different job. These things help contribute to branding "name recognition". These things help to make your appearance look more professional. They also give you a slight edge on those who do not stand out in the crowd. Name recognition means a lot. Also, if they do not know that you exist, do not know what you do, then they can't call you. JMO
  5. Signature Landscaping1

Signature Landscaping1 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

I think its your reputation that really counts.
  6. Freddy_Kruger

Freddy_Kruger LawnSite Bronze Member

CHeck out justmowit.com
  7. The landscaper

The landscaper LawnSite Senior Member

TLC nailed it. Most of these items are just for branding purposes. A website can be helpful for existing clients. It can be a good way to interact with them and even allow them to pay online for your services. By listing all of your services on their it may spark a thought in their brain as well. They may add some more services from you. Good Luck.