1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

are you afraid to show off your lawn?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by birddseedd, May 19, 2012.

1. LawnGuy110

LawnGuy110 LawnSite Bronze Member

This is my lawn...just cut it today too:clapping:

2. Hissing Cobra

Hissing Cobra LawnSite Senior Member

I see a lot of nice lawns in this thread! To those of you who posted them I give you all lots of props. I'll play the game as well.

This is what I started with back in 1994 when I bought my house.

It took me awhile to get the landscaping done because I concentrated on the house first - replacing rotting wood, adding clapboards, replacing the roof, and rehabbing the entire interior. Here's where I've finally ended up. EDIT: These pictures were taken in the middle of July, when everything is burning up. For me to have a few smaller patches of brown grass is expected. The grass mix is Lesco's "50/50", which is 50% Kentucky Bluegrass and 50% Perennial Ryegrass.

Back yard.

3. clydebusa

clydebusa LawnSite Bronze Member

^^^^ Nice ^^^^ Good Job!
  4. doobs41378

doobs41378 LawnSite Member

Great job...Looks awesome!
  5. PicturePerfectLawns

PicturePerfectLawns LawnSite Gold Member

Hissing Cobra, you did an excellent job with that major renovation. You and I have the same liking!
  6. Hissing Cobra

Thanks guys! It was a lot of work but well worth it. I'm now proud to come home to this instead of what it was. I did have some help though, as I hired out the tree removal (over 30!) and the front shrub removal. I also had the irrigation system installed as well. The irrigation system makes all the difference in the world as I'm sure you all know. What I like the best though is that the lawn is only 3,000 sq. ft. which makes it very easy to manage.
  7. Groomer

Groomer LawnSite Bronze Member

OK, I'm in.
    My hangout after hours...

fine pix 011.jpg

fine pix 037.jpg
  8. Groomer

Groomer LawnSite Bronze Member

another view.

fine pix 003.jpg
  9. southerntide

southerntide LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Alabama

super mess turned into a master piece Nice Job! A+
  10. Hissing Cobra

Groomer, very nice! I love the patio and the fence work behind it, and also your choice of plantings. I wish I could do something with the picket fence on the right side of my back yard but it belongs to my neighbor. I had the chain link installed a few years after he put his up and it's now falling down. The fenced in yard keeps the deer, coyotes, and the foxes from coming through my back yard - very important for when my kids were little.