1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

are you afraid to show off your lawn?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by birddseedd, May 19, 2012.

1. C & T Landscaping

C & T Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

First picture is of the backyard, second is of a field that I don't own, but keep an area cut for...well...anything. Third is just a something I thought was cool,

2. birddseedd

birddseedd LawnSite Silver Member

Next year I think i will till up the yard and plant all new grass. thought about sod, but i can grow grass in about a month, so it might be wasted money.

any tips on keeping the old grass out so ill only have the new stuff?
  3. ztman

ztman LawnSite Bronze Member

Good progress Bird. You are making the effort
  4. birddseedd

its nice having time to actually do stuff :)

I actually did more than the township could require. they didnt like my pile of wood, i moved it to the shed so i can have more yard space.
  5. Kawizx62003

Kawizx62003 LawnSite Silver Member

Hope this pic comes up. Anyway, this is may "neglected back yard". The original reason I came to this site was for renovation advice when we bought the house a few years ago. The "grass" was all weeds. I didnt go all out with compost, just killed, aerated, seeded, fertilized. . I also have no irrigation. I slacked this year being too busy for weed control. It still gets compliments but I think its horrible. I got my old mower going yesterday because I did not want to mow it with my new 30" as it was disgustingly high! Plus the cub cadet has a darn good finish! In some respects the picture makes it look better cause you cant see the weeds and I can just show you want looks good! In other respects the picture does not do it justice because when the light was right yesterday evening it was beautiful.
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2014
  6. Kawizx62003

Ok that didint work

7. Kawizx62003

And yes I need mulch. Like my horseshoe pits? Im redneck!

*and yes I drive over my sidewalk with the mowers wet wheels. Why ? Cause its my lawn and I dont get paid enough to care.
  8. birddseedd

Eh. The marks go away
    Posted via Mobile Device
  9. kawasaki guy

kawasaki guy LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from S. New Jersey

My crib not too bad. Few places that need some sod, and bushes need trimming, and need to get rid of scrap metal, but overall not too bad.
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2014
  10. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

This yard is in my area and has had the HOA after them. This past week a crew came in and landscaped. :dizzy: by the way this is the after picture.