are you afraid to show off your lawn?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by birddseedd, May 19, 2012.

1. macgyver_GA

macgyver_GA LawnSite Senior Member

My personal lawn is my advertisement.

These pictures were taken about a month ago so the bermuda is still starting to come in and green up. Ignore the poor looking begonias in one pic...a very late season frost got them and they never recovered. I ended up replacing them. That bare spot you see was a low spot I filled with some sand/topsoil mixture, it is already almost filled in with bermuda.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The hostas were free from my grandfathers house. They will be split next spring and given to neighbors. Haha the gift that keeps giving.

The right side of the driveway lawn always takes forever to fill in and get thick every year. I think it's because the gate and the hose spigot are on that side so it gets a lot of traffic.
    [​IMG]

Here are my personal lawn compactors/pine straw & mulch destroyers/yellow spot creators in the backyard
    [​IMG]

The pine staw was just put down before this pic so it's quite fluffy.
    [​IMG]

Here's the backyard about July/August-ish last year after some much needed rain.
    [​IMG]

2. inzane

inzane LawnSite Silver Member

took these today. i haven't had time to keep up with the mowing every 3 to 5 days, we had so much rain.. notice my piss poor line trimming edging.. blade edger broke last week, and i'm trying to learn how to do it with the line trimmer.. i'm going into applications only, no mowing.. so not really worried bout that, but i'll get it down eventually i guess. :drinkup:

it was a rough start this year.. but came a long way in 4 months i guess, but bermuda is easy to get looking good like that. i think the scalping and aeration really made a huge difference this year. http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=377024&highlight=practiced+on+my+own+lawn.

0521121126.jpg

0521121127.jpg

0521121127a.jpg

0521121127b.jpg

3. birddseedd

birddseedd LawnSite Silver Member

yoru houses are alot better than mine. and i can see your thumb

4. snowman55

snowman55 LawnSite Member
    from middle

some of my yard how you can have a passion for lawn and landscape and then go home to those places? would depress me.

JK 08 (12).jpg

JK 08 (35).jpg

JK 08 (24).jpg

JK 08 (33).jpg

JK 08 (39).jpg [/ATTACH]

JK 08 (16).jpg

JK 08 (12).jpg

JK 08 (35).jpg

JK 08 (24).jpg

JK 08 (33).jpg

JK 08 (39).jpg

5. birddseedd

wow. your landscape is probably worth my house.

ill get there someday. for now just work my tail off to get there. unfortunatly i got stuck doing bids and couldnt get to the landscape i have goign on. will pull an all day tomorow on it.

6. birddseedd

seriously. how much would you charge to build that landscape from scratch?

7. zechstoker

zechstoker LawnSite Senior Member

In all seriousness, I'd probably do something with my yard if I could afford to financially. When I moved in, I had a long list of things I wanted to redo here, but the lack of funds has made it a very slow process. One of these days, it'll get done... or move (again) and start over. Moving might actually happen before a total landscape makeover takes place though. Until then, we just keep chipping away at this to-do list.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. birddseedd

all of the work i want to do is on the inside. although when i get my landscape jobs done (working alone to make more money) i will at least get mine picked up. burn off the wood, cut down the weeds so its at least not a jungle.

hopefully i wont have time cause ill be getting more work :D

9. snowman55

snowman55 LawnSite Member
    from middle

few more. Use my house for training and I love being my own customer (don't have to educate on the value of doing the job right) this is my 3rd and final house. when I built it I told the wife that the next time I move it will be in a pine box. Couldn't price the landscape at this point. JK 08 (7).jpg

JK 08 (21).jpg

JK 08 (22).jpg

JK 08 (30).jpg

JK 08 (7).jpg

JK 08 (21).jpg

JK 08 (22).jpg

JK 08 (30).jpg

10. clydebusa

clydebusa LawnSite Bronze Member

^^^^^ nice, I would call that house stone hinge!