are you always in "money maker" mode?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by fga, Jul 20, 2004.

1. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

What i mean is, this job can become routine. the acounts weekly, the same requests from the same people, even the the money your making, good or not. Do you kind of just go with the flow some times, or are you always looking to make extra money, and always looking for more work to do?

Money is coming in pretty good for the last couple of weeks and I had that routine bug. Just yesterday and today, started thinking of the fall and winter, and started pushing up things i had been delaying so far. I'll been in full money mode soon...... what a change from working just to finish up your route and sit on the couch.

if i could stay money motivated constantly...... wow.payup

2. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

YES,YES,YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

John

3. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

Always hungry.. Always. I wish I had 15 times the amount of work I have right now..

4. PMLAWN

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

Next to my computer is a pile of bills

YES-YES-and -YES
    BUT I don't want more work, just more money.

5. Droffaws

Droffaws LawnSite Member
    from KCMO

You got it! How about less work and more money! :D

6. CamLand

CamLand LawnSite Bronze Member

you better believe it,i'm always hungry for more money i'd work 7 days a week if i couldpayup payup

7. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

so all you guys are never ever like.......... " i have 30 house to cut today, gonna finish em and get home......."

you claim that during the heat of the day, you're pushing for more, answering requests like trimming that you'll trim them right now, as opposed to maybe next week?

there is never a time when you just want to finish your work and go home? Maybe I'm lazy, though i don't think so cuz i have always have work, and always am working......... or maybe i just want to spend time with my family.

8. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

All work and no play makes johnny a dull boy.
    Selling is great as long as you don't stress yourself with too much work to handle.

9. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

Nope I price high enough that I can and will enjoy life a little before I'm to old to do so. But I won't pass up an oppertunity if its right there either.

Mac

10. Norm Al

Norm Al LawnSite Bronze Member

my wife is ALWAYS workin her money maker!:)