are you CLEARING $500 a day mowing?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobbygedd, Jul 22, 2005.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

after all your overhead, EVERYTHING, payroll, trucks, ins, EVERYTHING, are you clearing $500 a day mowing? by CLEARING, i mean CLEARING. can you put 5 - $100 bills in your pocket each day?
  2. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

No, not sustained, and likely not for a long time...At least not solo, and not in va... I can sustain 300+ gross / day peak and have done 400 / day but that's a record rate... I think I've grossed 800 in 2 days before, and sure there may be a time I'll gross 1k in 2 days but again, it's not a sustained thing.

And throughout Jul-Aug, I'm lucky if I gross 2k/month with the heat and drought, the demand is always low this time of year.

sheeee i'm just a high-class scrub, man.
  3. lawnrangeralaska

lawnrangeralaska LawnSite Senior Member

yes i can can you?
  4. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

not "can you", but DO YOU? meaning on a regular basis
  5. KINGjosh

KINGjosh LawnSite Senior Member

I wish! As stated above, not solo and not consistly enough to make me happy.

It would be pretty nice to clear that solo. But in this game, down here at least, you need 6 (Rodrigos) or 6 (Jean Paul Vinny's) paid under the table to at least compete with the competition.. Once you have completed that. Then you will start putting 'mucho de'neiro in your poket.
  6. Rhett

Rhett LawnSite Bronze Member

No. Welcome to Florida.
  7. northwest lawn

northwest lawn LawnSite Member

i do between my small lawns and my huge account it averages out to be every day
  8. Mancinioldhorse

Mancinioldhorse LawnSite Member

Is this leading to another political or unionization comentary?
  9. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

I'm solo, right around $30 an hour pre-tax. If I worked faster or didn't do as good a job I could make more per hour. It's not something I'm worried about.
  10. Tonyr

Tonyr LawnSite Bronze Member

no, not here....many days gross that or more, but not net.

and I certainly don't gross 500 every day, good days, lower days....but I just do ride on mowing, trimming, edging, nothing more, no landscape stuff.

just a lawnboy living in paradise, I know I can't get rich doing this, it is a lifestyle thing, only do it cause I like playing on big ZTR's ha ha.