1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Are you increasing frequency of mowing due to monsoon season?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GarPA, May 6, 2003.

1. GarPA

GarPA LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

While I have all my mowing customers on contracts, I try hard not to mow them more than every 6 or 7 days but with this rain I'm going to have to go to a 5 day frequency. I suppose some will whine about that but the grass is going bonkers right now with off and on rain into next week. Are any of you wrestling with this issue right now? thanks
  2. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

On a 5 day schedule with some of them right now...7 is just too long to wait to cut. I tell them if they have a problem with that, then they need to find someone else (in a nice way of course).
  3. GarPA

GarPA LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

Rod...yep...thats where I am now....takes way too long to mow if we wait 7 days now. If they whine, then let them find someone else. By the way, I was at my dealer yesterday...he has 5 mechanics and is the biggest mower dealer/service center in the area....he is 6 weeks behind for homeowner repairs and 2 weeks for commercial guys OUCH!!!! Better treat the mowers with tlc to keep them out of the shop....I would imagine that the scrubs with the junk mowers are starting to break down...what a shame...
  4. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

There is no way that I could mow every seven days and end up with a finished product that looked decent. The grass is growing far too quickly for that. I am currently on a five-day schedule. With all of the rain that we are getting the grass is still quite tall each time I pull up to an account. This is a very nice problem to have.