1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Are you looking for a 10 cf wheel barrow?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Skookum, Mar 21, 2001.

1. Skookum

Skookum LawnSite Senior Member

I am talking about the huge 10 cubic foot dual wheeled wheel barrow. I have been wanting one for two years. I just could not find one at a good price or any that were in stock when I needed it for mulching. Finally I went to Ace Hardware and asked about ordering one last week.

I picked it up yesterday which was four days after ordering. Price came to $115.00. The local farm centers had them at $169.00 and I think Lanscaper Supply was about the same, plus shipping of course. So if anyone is looking for a good price on one check your Ace hardware store or True Value Hardware Centers.
  2. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

I bought one 2 years ago at Home Depot for $118. It holds a lot and you don't have to balance it, like ones with one wheel. You can easily fill it full of mulch and still push it around. A week after I had it , it fell out of my trailer while making a sharp turn. The thing bounced all over the road. It looked like a Sprint car in a bad wreck. The only damage was a very slight bend in the axle.
  3. cst51

cst51 LawnSite Member

sounds very useful. Can you get close to a cubic yard in one of those? I landed a mulch job that will take approximately 26 yards. If they are as big as you are saying, it could be a very useful tool in this particular job.
  4. lawnboy11

lawnboy11 Banned

If it holds 10 cubic feet, that's a little more than 1/3 of a yard. Maybe more if it's mounded over the top. A cubic yard is 3x3x3=27 cubic feet.
  5. Scraper

Scraper LawnSite Bronze Member

CST...I don't think you'd want to wheel a cubic yard let alone possible to do so as a cubic yard probably weighs near half a ton if not more when wet. If so, give me a call...I got some wheelin' for you! ;)

PIONEER LawnSite Member

I have a 8 cy. with 2 wheels works ok for mulch can't get in close to bushes with it but it works good in bigger beds with allot of room around the bushes. Just don't fill it up with dirt.