Are You Ready?

Discussion in '<a href=http://www.plowsite.com target=_blank ?>Sn' started by thelawnguy, Oct 21, 2000.

1. thelawnguy

thelawnguy LawnSite Silver Member

Serviced my plow today (except for a new u-edge) and got the blowers serviced and ready to go. Two years ago my first plowing was Nov 14 so its not that far away.

So who's NOT ready to go???

2. GeoffDiamond

GeoffDiamond LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

I will admitt that i haven't done pre winter service on all my trucks yet. However the plows and spreaders are ready to rock if i need them. However i won't bring the loaders to their sites for the winter till the day before or morning before a storm.

Pre service includes the basics:

1. Oil change
    2. Trans service.
    3. New Tires if needed.
    4. Check front rear ends for problems
    5. Check all lights and back up beepers.
    6. Wash and Wax, with a good coat of wax.
    7. Clean inside.
    8. Bring plows up to where the truck is parked at night. If the truck is parked inside, the blade is kept some where near the shop. All Fisher Min mounts are kept in the shop. The rest of blades are kept out side infront of where the truck is parked at night.

Geoff

3. yardsmith

yardsmith LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

I'm still busy trying to keep up with all the leaves here in Ohio!
    Prev.Maint. will be up & running in Nov. We don't see measurable snow that 'sticks' until mid-late Dec.
    Mother Nature can change that of course.

4. finnegan

finnegan LawnSite Member

I've been ready since oct 1 had some time to get everything done out fromday job for surgery on left arm--ever try to change a cutting edge with only one arm? not fun....

5. thelawnguy

You folks in northern New England better be ready this weekend, theres the potential for the first snow of the season Sat and Sun. Coastal storm vs. Canadian jet stream = some sort of cold wet stuff.

6. John Allin

John Allin LawnSite Bronze Member

Nope.
    Not gonna happen.

7. GeoffDiamond

GeoffDiamond LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

I second that one, and i am further north than John. Bill your computer may have the "snow virus", if you are getting your weather off the net.

Geoff

8. thelawnguy

The only net-based weather I will use is that from the website of the local TV station. NOAA weather has been horrendously inaccurate since the NWS shut down most of their local reporting stations several years ago. I threw away my formerly trusty weather cube radio last winter, out of frustration.

9. Snow Pro

Snow Pro LawnSite Member

Contracts are real slow coming in cause of the warm weather. It's still in the 70's here in Chicago. Who's ready? I'm going to Disney World next week.