are you registered with the Better Business Bureau (BBB)

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by stephen424, Feb 29, 2012.

1. FLC2000

FLC2000 LawnSite Bronze Member

The best thing a company could do similair to this is join their local chamber of commerce.

2. mattfromNY

mattfromNY LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree. Make LOCAL connections with LOCAL business/ professional people from your area.

3. Greenway Lawn Management

Greenway Lawn Management LawnSite Member

We have had a completely different outcome with the BBB. Just joined 1 month ago and have landed for contract/install jobs. Each customer contacted from BBB.

4. mattfromNY

mattfromNY LawnSite Bronze Member

OK, so I am reminded of this thread this morning while reading an email from the BBB about customers finding my business through the BBB website. SO, I go to the website, as I would if I was a customer. I try to search for my own business, since there is no option for Lawn care, Fertilizing, Lawn mowing, etc, I search under the landscape maint., landscape contractors, landscape architects... And cant find my business. I try using the zip code feature (fine print says the zip code is very specific to only the town of the zip code you type in)- My biz address is of the town where I LIVE, in a very small town on the outskirts of the towns I WORK in, therefore the zip code doesn't help. I search zip codes nearby, nothing. I search larger cities surrounding me, nothing. I cannot locate my business on the BBB website until I type the entire name of my business into the search area. So, unless a potential customer knows exactly the name of my business, they arent going to find me.

5. MSS Mow

MSS Mow LawnSite Senior Member
    from Maine

It's nothing short of a scam!!! The consumer thinks that if you're not a member of the BBB you must be a bad contractor or vice versa. It has nothing to do with the quality of a contractor. It is 100% about paying a fee to be a member. SCAM SCAM SCAM!!!!!!!!