Are you still pushing mulch installs this late in the year?

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Envision, Aug 19, 2003.

1. Envision

Envision LawnSite Member

Hey everyone, been hanging around lawnsite for a couple of years now but don't get too active in posting.

This one is simple enough, how much mulch are you guys installing this far into the year? Do you feel that homeowners are still looking to have mulch put down, or if they haven't yet they probably will wait until next year.

I want to get some more mulch installs but feel the response isn't going to be too good. I understand the benefits of having mulch down, but most people don't know the value it gives in protecting plants through the winter if the right amount is applied.

I look forward to your thoughts.

Thanks, Tim. :D
  2. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

Still doing a few but not like spring time.Keep pushing, if they don't want it now you can line them up for later.
  3. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

We don't push this time of year, but if they want it done we'll do it. It takes more time in the sumer due to everything in bloom. :cool:
  4. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

i just did 18 yards worth this past weekend. i'm not pushing it, but i'll do it when they want it.
  5. lugnut#6

lugnut#6 LawnSite Senior Member

always nicer to mulch here in the cool weather of winter
  6. CamLand

CamLand LawnSite Bronze Member

we just did a 5 yard job this weekend,had nothing better to do with no power..
  7. NNJLandman

NNJLandman LawnSite Bronze Member

We still have a large amount of pallets of mulch at the Garden Center but we have discounted them 10% and are trying to get rid of what is left. Hoping to see another run soon.
  8. GLAN

GLAN Banned

We're still mulching with our installations.

Other than that we push it in spring as early as possible