1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Are you "Successful"???

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Howard Roark, Oct 13, 2005.

1. Howard Roark

Howard Roark LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

Just a hopefully thought provoking poll of sorts...

Professionally, are you happy where you are today in your life?

Why or why not?

I'll start by stating I am happy, despite my on-going efforts to grow too fast and take on too much. I can't have everything now, and even if I did I wouldn't truly appreciate it. Above all my family is taken care of, and any bad day working for myself is always better than a good day working for someone else.

Any thoughts?
  2. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

yes, i'm happy personally, i have wonderful things= my health, a lovely wife, 2 great little kids, we are all healthy, we have a home, good food, and we live comfortably. no, i'm not happy where i'm at in my life, financially. why...you may ask? simply because, i wasted 21 yrs of my life on someone elses timeclock. i feel if i started in business 20 yrs ago, i'd be a multi millionair today. on a positive note, i'm here now, and it's not too late, the sky is the limit.
  3. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Everyone has their own definition of success. But yes, I feel pretty good where I am at right now...