Are you suppose to have oil left inside a 2 cycle engine?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by yungman, Dec 17, 2007.

1. yungman

yungman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Calif.

I have been running few tankful of 32:1 mix in my new Shindaiwa C4 blower. I am closely monitor the muffler, plug and I open the valve cover first time today. To my surprise, I see oil inside the push rod area. Is this normal.

I know, you don't have to tell me that I use too much oil!!!

Do you usually see oil inside the engine crankcase even running at 50:1 ratio? If so, why? If that is so, I'll feel much more comfortable using 50:1 mix and 2 cycle equipments.

I did ran few tankful of Echo Power Blend at 32:1. Plug and muffler looked very clean. But when I tried Mobil 2T at about 40:1, I see carbon in the muffler and plug looked a little wet just after one tank of mix.

Thanks*trucewhiteflag*

2. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

I think it's really just useless for anybody to continue to reply to your posts asking about 2 cycle stuff. If you are going to stay boneheaded and not run the correct ratio speced by the manufacturer, then keep your problems to yourself instead of taking up bandwidth by posting here.

3. blowerboy

blowerboy LawnSite Member

Fallow The Directions..........these Tools, Not Toys, Have Directions And Spcifications For A Reason. That All I Can Say. Fallow The Directions..have Promblems.....go To The Dealer And Complain.!!!! Lol

4. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

If you get caught running that mix in CA your looking at a really big fine. Like what was said before run the correct mix that manufacture suggests.

5. Jay Ray

Jay Ray LawnSite Fanatic

Holy moly! I remember 32:1 mix. It could have been used for a smoke screen or a stink bomb.:laugh:

6. HenryB

HenryB LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm assuming your just a Troll making trouble. Your posts are becoming ubsurd. Why not just mix your two cycle with diesel. Come on already be serious and stop the nonsense. I suspect you are an intelligent human being just writing really stupid posts.

7. yungman

from Calif.

To Newz7151
    Why are you replying, nobody ask you. Usually I try not to engage in this kind of uneducated exchange, I guess I make this an exception. You got to be the rudeest person here. This is a place to exchange info and idea, not a place to start an argument. You are really waisting my time and the web space.

I ask what I ask, don't like it, don't reply. Don't you have enough conflict in your life, still want to bring it to the forum. You want confrontation? Find someone in front of you and confront them face to face. GROW UP!!!

I notice a lot of the posts here eventually end up in fights....back and forth...Why? Don't like it, don't answer or disagree in a civilized manner, like a grown up. The more educated the person the more reluctant they call other people dumb.

8. saw man

saw man LawnSite Bronze Member
    from utah

Then stop asking stupid questions over and over and over and over and over and over..............................................................

9. Happy Frog

Happy Frog LawnSite Bronze Member

Yungman,
    It is normal to have some oil inside a 2 strokes engine. They are designed that way, the gas/oil mix goes throught the crankcase and up the cylinder where it is burnt.
    This process leaves a film of oil on the surfaces to allow for lubrication.
    It is abnormal to have a lot of oil left unless you are using the wrong ratio for the oil you are using
    Not the engine manufacturer ratio but the oil manufacturer ratio !
    Please do yourself a favor and write this down: too much oil in gas = problems (many) :hammerhead:
    You are welcome to ask questions here but what get people upset is that you seem raising the same issues in different posts over and over, even when you had all the right answers to your questions. :dizzy:
    Since most of your questions suggest a lack of mechanical knowledge, my advise to you is to take a small engine mechanical training course or to actually do what people here are trying to tell you (they are here to help...)

10. yungman

from Calif.

Hi Happy Frog
    Thanks for your advice.