Are you working on Sept. 11th?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by zfrog, Sep 10, 2003.

1. zfrog

zfrog Banned

Last year out of respect for the numerous families in our area that lost loved ones in the WTC attack I did not work on Sept. 11. This year I did the houses of those that I know lost relatives today (Sept 10) to avoid being there tomorrow. This year I am planning on working the 11th. What is everyone else's plan?
    I know around here (Metro NYC area) that it had a lot more personal impact than in other areas of the country. Did you work last year on the 11th?
  2. Expert Lawns

Expert Lawns LawnSite Silver Member

I worked last year and will work this year.....american flag flying on the lazer. terrorists want us to suffer, and working and going about our daily lives will just piss them off. sure, i'll have a moment of silence for the victims and have them in my thoughts, but gotta keep moving ya know
  3. GLAN

GLAN Banned

We sympathize with those that lost loved ones. We pray for them, more so with tomorrow being the 11th.

last year we worked as will this year. Those that were mourning last year had said that they prefered that we go, all go about our daily lives in a united gathering of Americans showing those responsible that we will go on and that nothing they try to do will ever keep us down.

I have to tell you, there is some real hatred in some of the survivors.
  4. CamLand

CamLand LawnSite Bronze Member

work with pride,you live in the best country in the that flag and be proud were you live..
  5. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

Amen, Your statement says it all!:D
  6. Randy Scott

Randy Scott LawnSite Bronze Member

7. dfor

dfor LawnSite Senior Member

I did work last Sept. 11, and will work tomorrow. I stopped working at 8:46 am when the first tower was hit. This year I will do the same.
  8. zfrog

zfrog Banned

Yeah, I will be working, but for example I have customers that lost a 25 yr old son and I sure don't want to go there on the 2yr anniv. of his passing. No thanks! It's more about not disturbing the peacefullness of the neighborhood that day as far as noise and all that goes. I say F the terrorists, I'll work that day no problem. I just want to be considerate of people who lost loved ones.
  9. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

We plan to with deep and personal rememberance for those nearly 3000 people who lost their lives.
  10. pinnacle

pinnacle LawnSite Senior Member

I just thought I would let you know that the rememberance dosn't stop at international waters.

Most people in Australia will have a moment of silence to pay respect to all those poor people.

There will be reruns of Sep 11 on TV all day today.

I just want to let you all know most of the world will be sharing those thoughts with you all.