are your customers impatient also???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by General Grounds, May 25, 2004.

1. General Grounds

General Grounds LawnSite Senior Member

:blob2: people seem to think im just sittin around and waiting for the phone to ring. 4 people who have signed up for work less than 2 weeks ago and where told when they signed up that i was booked sold till mid june with out any rain fall. all 4 of those people wanted to know why i couldnt make it there by friday or sat. this week, ive had just about all i can take from most people this year already, like the people you claim that will be at your home this weekend are gonn see that 2 bushes havent been trimmed yet. unreal, sorry just venting alittle, i feel much better thanks, tony
  2. steve in Pa.

steve in Pa. LawnSite Senior Member

same thing here. too many people to satisfy not enough time in the day. we're booked into fall.
  3. Trevors Lawn Care

Trevors Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

People want it done before Memorial day.

It gives them no right though for procrastination
  4. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

that is the worst
  5. General Grounds

General Grounds LawnSite Senior Member

:blob3: steve were im much better shape this year than any other i have a landscape crew out 6 days a week, other wise id be booked till fall also, but the phone keeps ringin. i wish the would chill a little. tony
  6. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

I got called about 3 pm last Sunday by a little old lady that says:

"Mister GEO, I am going to be gone next week and I want to know that my lawn will look nice while I am gone."

I say: "yes Mrs. XXX, it will look nice like it always does when I am done".

"well Mister GEO, I just want to be sure that you will do the lawn".

"yes ma'am, you can be sure it will be done...."

"but I'd feel better knowing Mister GEO...."

SO...YOUALL GET THE PICTURE! I load the damn machines and I go cut the cottonpickin' lawn on Sunday.

I am very irritated that the lady called but I am now more irritated with myself because she harassed me and I gave in to her whims.

GEO :blob2:
  7. AL Inc

AL Inc LawnSite Bronze Member

Why are you answering the phone on Sunday? There is no way I'm going out on my one day off.
  8. EastProLawn

EastProLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Impatient ? Customer's think that's their job... to be impatient.
    Take a deep breath and take care of things one at a time.
  9. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

Aw,Mr. Geo,you sure are nice!
    Keep up the good work!
  10. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

We are booked pretty solidly for the next month and a half on installs and drain work. People are willing to wait,... usually. We lost a landscape job last week b/c the lady wanted her lawn installed by Wednesday. It rained Sunday, Monday, Tuesday,Wednesday, and Thursday morning when we were on our way to the site. She called at 6:10 AM and said we were not needed because we did not get the work done by Wed. Some people think I have God on speeddial, and can call Him up and ask for it not to rain on a specific yard. Not to mention all the storm damage that came Friday and Saturday night. We had lots of damage, and are still getting calls for tree cleanups and removals, and there are still 1000's without power. The nerve of some me me me me...I told her it was her loss, because no one else could get it done with all the rain either.Freed up my schedule to move on to the next job a little earlier..P.S.> It still hasn't stopped raining either. :D