1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Are your invoices hand written or do you use a computer?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Hardcore5657, Mar 26, 2011.

1. Hardcore5657

Hardcore5657 LawnSite Member

Just wondering if I should buy a invoice program for my computer or if I can just hand write them?
    Posted via Mobile Device
  2. Golfpro21

Golfpro21 LawnSite Senior Member

ours are all computer generated.....way easier to track and looks so much more professional.

You can generate them using a word processing program such as Word......then save a copy of them all in a file if you do not want to buy new software
  3. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

What best fits your business plan? Are you trying to be like Brickman or a local lawn service company? How do you collect your money from your customers? Weekly, monthly?

I personally don't even do any invoicing. I do the job, they pay me. If they need a receipt, I write one up out of my sales receipt book.
  4. yardatwork

yardatwork LawnSite Senior Member

I buy personalized booklets from Nebs. They have my address, phone number, contractor number, and a line that states the late fee policy. But...anything else on the invoice is hand written!
  5. its all out of quickbooks.
  6. AdamChrap

AdamChrap LawnSite Senior Member

I am surprised out of five guys only one mentioned Quickbooks. We would be lost without it!
  7. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

only way to go.
  8. Snyder's Lawn Inc

Snyder's Lawn Inc LawnSite Platinum Member

2010 quick books bill montly
  9. desert rose gardening

desert rose gardening LawnSite Senior Member

Hand written, most of my people are retired so when I come to mow its a big event for them and they come out to see me and pay me.:waving:
  10. nepatsfan

nepatsfan LawnSite Gold Member

:laugh::laugh:HAHA we have a quite a few older customers and they all seem to be like that.