1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Areation shoes.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TYSON HARTLEY, Feb 9, 2003.

TYSON HARTLEY LawnSite Member
    from CHICAGO

I saw some shoes in a catalog that claim to Areate the Lawn while you mow. They had long spikes at the bottom that dig into the Lawn while your mowing. Have any of you guys ever seen or herd of such shoes and if not what do you think of this claim.
  2. thartz

thartz LawnSite Senior Member

Unless you have a small yard I think it would be more efficient to just rent a aerator.Plus the aerator would do a much better job.
  3. yergus

yergus LawnSite Member

i have seen them advertized and they look unconfortable. how many lawns could you mow before you become fatigued? and i am sure that it would not take long before you started having ankle problems. if you get them, and use them, let us know what you think, but for now, i will go the old fashioned way
  4. Ive heard of em and seen em ithink they would be really hard to walk in , and anyone on this site will tell u that core areators are way better spike areators .
  5. roscioli

roscioli LawnSite Senior Member

scrub a dub dub thread
  6. PR0 TURF

PR0 TURF LawnSite Bronze Member

Those are for little old ladies who need something to do....just my opinion

Rent/buy a regular one...

7. IBGreen

IBGreen LawnSite Senior Member

Ever seen Tool Time? Thats right my friend Wilson used them. Scrub! :D Joke Probably not very good if you want to do a thorough job my friend.
  8. KenH

KenH LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

I ashamed to say my dad has a pair. I tried them as a joke on my lawn...they are worthless. Hard to walk in.
  9. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

My neighbor gave me a pair and I looked at them and laughed. Next stop was the garbage can. No way in the world do those have an application for a professional lawn service.
  10. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

Yea, I'm sure they work great:cry: