Areators

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ChadA, Jan 10, 2005.

1. ChadA

ChadA LawnSite Senior Member

Does anyone have any experience with the Toro Hydrojet aerator. Im looking to add aerating to the services we provide but I don't anve any experience with them. I hear that the core aerators sometimes go through cable and phone lines. I like the idea of the hydrojet because it should elliminate this problem.

2. ChadA

Come on guys. Someone has to know something about these aerators.

3. trying 2b organic

trying 2b organic LawnSite Senior Member

Sounds crazy, Ive only heard of golf courses using Hydro for aeration. Although it would be great not to have to flag heads. Tell me everything about this Toro Hydrojet.

4. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Actually there is a LS member here that does this type of work. Try the search function...sorry I can't remember who it is.

5. Grassmechanic

Grassmechanic LawnSite Silver Member

hydrojet = slooooowwwwwwwwww, somewhat messy, need a water source. They never impressed me as being more beneficial than good 'ol core aerating.

6. ChadA

Thanks for the input.

7. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

I worked for a school and the guys at Deere dealer brought one out for the sports fields. No marking heads, louder than all can get out and very slow. Also was too expensive so we stuck with the PTO cam drives. Can't comment on Toro though but I imagine it's about the same.