Areins Zero Turn Mower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by SIBILASLANDSCAPING, Feb 16, 2002.

1. SIBILASLANDSCAPING

SIBILASLANDSCAPING LawnSite Member

AREINS ZERO TURN MOWER WITH A 17 HP BRIGS INTEK ENGINE. 42 INCH DECK HYDRO DRIVE TRAIN HAS ANYONE USED ONE OF THESE BEFORE? IF SO CAN U GEIVE ME YOUR UPS AND DOWNS ON THIS MOWER ? I WAS LOOKING TO GET ONE AS A BACK UP MOWER. THANX FOR YOUR TIME

2. plow kid

plow kid Banned

All caps is considered YELLING!

caps lock.gif

3. SIBILASLANDSCAPING

SIBILASLANDSCAPING LawnSite Member

sorry everyone about that caps

4. VLM

VLM LawnSite Member

I've heard about them too and want to know if they are any good as well. I hear Home Depot has them and they are only about 3K. Probably worth every cent.

5. GLS

GLS LawnSite Bronze Member

Don't have one but you get what you pay for. I have seen these and IMO they don't look like they'd last a year in commercial applications. If you want a real Z, check into commercial grade. If it's ariens you want, they have a $6,000 that looks much better. Again, I have never used these, just stating my opinion towards them. This is almost the exact same mower as craftsman had (discontinued now).

6. jnjnlc

jnjnlc LawnSite Member

If it is money your are concerned about I think you can get a Wright Stander for a few more bucks. And a much better mower.

7. PaulJ

PaulJ LawnSite Bronze Member

Areins and Gravely are the same company. If you want commercial grade look at the Gravely. They have been discussed here allot. Areins does make a pro 21" but for all the larger stuff Gravely is their commercial line.

8. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

home depo sold it last yr. the fella in the lawn equipment dept. told me to stay away from them. they were coming back a lot.
    they may have improved them now ,dont know about that.

9. carlsmower

carlsmower LawnSite Member

The ariens mower 1742 ezr is a pretty stable machine for a homeowner enviroment, i f you decide that you must buy on check out your local Ariens dealer, they have it for the same price as the Home @#*%#@. Sorry I hate that store. Anyways why don't you look at a belt drive walk, about the same price, much better machine and if it's a back up it would kick butt.

10. Eng Mwr Guy

Eng Mwr Guy Gravely Manufacturer

Please do not use for commercial use. They were not designed for this type of application.

Maybe a used commercial piece would suit you better. Or maybe a belt drive walk 48 deck......I hear Gravely makes a hell-uv-a good one these days;)

Barry
    Ariens/Gravely