arena insecticide from arvesta

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by agrolawn81, Jul 17, 2005.

1. agrolawn81

agrolawn81 LawnSite Member

Has anyone used Arena insecticide yet? curious to cost, supposed to control surface and subsurface insects. Saw a full page ad for this product in May issue of Lawn and Landscape.

2. Williams Services

Williams Services LawnSite Senior Member

Cost is $200/acre. I'll wait for it to come down.

3. osc

osc LawnSite Senior Member

I used it on our putting greens. I did an app in June and I will do an app in August and it seems to work really well.

4. Williams Services

Williams Services LawnSite Senior Member

My understanding was that it touts seaon-long control. Why would two apps be needed, then?

5. osc

osc LawnSite Senior Member

Maybe our chem salesman is churning my account. I think it has to do with the cycle of the insects and grubs that are hatching out at different times. They don't get killed unless they munch on the turf and I'm sure the residual is much lower by the end of summer so you need a second app. But hey I do what my salesman tells me to because there is no way I could keep up with all the new products and do my job.

Bad thing is I have birds drilling in the greens for something and I may have to use some old Dylox I have in between apps of Arena. After all the money I spent.