ARGHHHH!! Employees!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by grassrootsinab, Jun 13, 2006.

1. grassrootsinab

grassrootsinab LawnSite Member
    from up here

I lost another client last night (4 total) 'cause the cutting job isn't up to what I do myself. I'm a full time teacher, and have about 40 clients a week to cut. My employee agreed to work until July when I'm off school (he's going to work the oil patch). I'm not so worried about losing a client as I think I have more than enough work for what I want to do and I am thinking about downsizing to be more manageable myself...it's more the reason for leaving. I don't want the word of mouth stuff to get around that we do shoddy work ('cause we don't...just a couple of trimming mishaps etc). He does a good job on 35 of 40 a week. I send him back to fix the misses and he never complains about that.

I just don't understand how after 4 weeks of work (2 of which were with me training) that he still doesn't follow pay attention to the details. Now I'm between a rock and a hard place 'cause I've got 2 weeks 'til I go full time and I don't want to lose any more jobs but I can't afford to fire him (no way I can service all of the properties during final exams etc.). Just needed to vent...I'm losing sleep etc....school's gotta end so I can cut grass!!!

2. greengiant9963

greengiant9963 LawnSite Senior Member

Had that problem 3 years ago..went threw 4 guys in 2 weeks..can be hard to find good help sometimes..goodluck.