argos

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by 1idejim, Jul 30, 2011.

1. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

what a piece of work, the guy insults my shirt, my eye and maybe even my mom and then asks me to do a locate all within 90 seconds of jumping from the truck. i felt right at home.

argos is prolly one of the most enjoyable people that a fellow can be around. he's doing some work near me and i took the opportunity to meet with him and ended up spending around 9 hrs kicking around the job site.

we located a mainline (and i mean we, he actually made the locate while i bothered him with suggestions) and it was spot on.

he has one man crew and seems to get on fine with his man Friday, Matt.

no b.s., it was a pure pleasure to meet argos and i hope to see him in the future.

BTW, he gave up all the dirt on a few of the members and will prolly blackmail me in some fashion. :laugh:

what a good day, i have pics that i'll post at a later date. :waving:

Last edited: Jul 30, 2011
  2. mitchgo

mitchgo LawnSite Silver Member

woo hoo!!

I would love to meet some of you guys at some point in time

3. Stuttering Stan

Stuttering Stan LawnSite Bronze Member

Agreed, Argos is a great guy and a real family man.

4. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

At least you got away with only babysitting him for 9 hours...

5. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Ski/snowboard trip this winter. Even if you just kick it at the lodging.

6. mitchgo

mitchgo LawnSite Silver Member

I'm game :) send me a blurb about it closer when winter comes and I'll set things in motion to come on over

7. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Last we all talked, I think it will be in Montana this year. I'm sure we'll get a thread going.

8. ARGOS

ARGOS LawnSite Silver Member

I have pics of Jim working. Not only did he get abused, but he also ended up with a shovel. Will post when I get home.

I haven't met ANYONE, with the exception of Les, Matt, Dana, Peter, and Jim, that I didn't like on this forum.

9. txgrassguy

txgrassguy LawnSite Gold Member

Hey, no sweat - I'll introduce you to my ex-wife if you want. . .

While I have never, and this is no bullshit, been snow skiing in my life - don't forget about me. After fifty plus days in this heat I am ready for some snow and some snow chilled beers.

10. You can snow shoe with me. Maybe even a little winter fishing. Won't be that far from some fine fishing. Or we can build a tent on some lake and ice fish and hope we don't catch anything to force us to set down our beer.

Montana Brewery visit laws
    Only serve 48ozs from 4-8pm.