1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

argos

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by 1idejim, Jul 30, 2011.

1. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Nice shirt shot. :rolleyes:

2. ARGOS

ARGOS LawnSite Silver Member

Boring equipment

Butt fused flange

Electrofusion Coupling

Electrofusion Saddle

BoringEquipment.jpg

ButtFusedFlange.jpg

ElectrofusionCoupling.jpg

ElectrofusionSadde.jpg

3. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

i know that we have discussed EF pipe and get a load of small boring jobs posted here but argos had quite a project on his hands which i thought he was handling quite well.

it's tough to go from being the bottom line doing irrigation installs and service to running federal job sites. the crap that you deal with is much tougher than most guys would imagine, specs are specs and change with the wind and or the inspectors interpretation. argos seems to play well with others and give them a top notch product.

he failed to show the rolls of sod that they removed for replacement, most contractors would have chosen reseeding.

what really surprises me is that there weren't any comments about the boring, this was a technical job site with a lot of congestion, including 480v at about 18" depth.

i was glad to meet him and happy that i could spend the day hanging with him, they say "you're only as good as the company you keep"

4. ARGOS

ARGOS LawnSite Silver Member

Thanks Jim. Appreciate the positive feed back. That was a fun job.

I also enjoyed meeting you. As I mentioned got several in the cooker in your neck of the woods.