Argument over parking trailer

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by outrunjason, Jul 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. outrunjason

outrunjason LawnSite Senior Member
    from dallas

I hope this has happened to someone else.

Ok we all pull trailers for the most part right? Well yesterday I had 2 trucks. One was in the shop. I needed to switch trucks out. So, there are over 30 spaces open for me to pull sideways across and drop the trailer. So, I did just that. Then went over and got my other truck and went back to the parking lot to hook up my trailer and what do you know.

Being gone 5 min and a lady parks one space over from the tung of the trailer. I am like no way. I am in a hurry to. So, I go into the con

2. Guzman Properties

Guzman Properties LawnSite Senior Member

Use orange cones.

3. outrunjason

from dallas

A customer walked up to the truck so I hit submit. Didn't know I couldn't go back and add on.

Here is the rest of the story.

convince store to see who's car it was but it was not theres. I was not going to walk the whole shopping strip to find the owner. So, I waited for about 10 min for someone to come over but no one did. I got on my PA and said if you own this car you need to move it I did that 3 times in one minute. Finally someone comes out of a barber shop and just stares at me like I am crazy.

So, I go in the barber shop and said do any of you own this car. The black lady says yeah someone does and they will not be able to move it for a while they have chemical on someones hair. I said well I have been out here for 10 min now and I want it moved now. They should have known not to park there car right in front of a trailer. I said get someone else to watch the person with the chemical on their hair and move this car. She said sir it will be a while. I said ok then I will move it myself.

At this point I was pissed. I was not really going to move the car but I wanted to. So I peeled around the corner and pulled up and backed up to my trailer. 4 people come running out of the barber shop. You better not move that car!!! Anyway we have it out and I told that lady this. I said I don't like dumb people or someone with no common sense if you see that my trailer is there why would you park there. What does she say. I have been parking there for 15 years in that same spot so I don't have to move it. You shouldn't have parked your trailer there. You should have parked your trailer over there (as she points to another part of the parking lot). She said why did you park here. I said because there were no cars here and all I am doing is dropping my trailer for a sec to back up another truck. Well one girl pushes me and tells me to leave. I couldn't believe she pushed me. It was not in a forceful way or anything but more of her trying to get me moving. As now there are 6 people yelling at me to leave. All the while I am still trying to explain that I can't.

So, they call the police. So, I thought ok let the police tell them to move it. But she does not know I have a police scanner and they said it would 15 min or more and I said forget it. So, my worker and I try to pick up the front end and turn it so I can get it hooked up. But with a lesco on there and 3 mowers it was hard. We got it moved and it took about 3 min to keep back up and back to try and get it out of there. Made me so mad.

So, has this happened to any of you or just me? In 10 years I have never had someone park that close to my trailer in the front and we stop for lunch every day.

4. outrunjason

from dallas

Cones would have been nice. But there were 15 open spaces in front till it ended at a curb. I was maybe gone 5 min. I can't believe that I didn't even see her get out of the car.

5. Lawn Enforcer

Lawn Enforcer LawnSite Silver Member

There are too many fricken stupid people out there, it's just annoying. I bought 3 cones the other day because of crap like this. Last year I was mowing on the city wide garage sale day. Stupid people everywhere. Some lady parked with her front wheels nearly touching the bottom of my ramp when it was down. I was in the backyard and didn't see it happen. There were like 5 garage sales nearby so I didn't know where to look, so I just started trimming. The lady comes to her car and I just said to her, "you've got to be kidding me! How stupid can you be? Can't you see that the ramp is down and I am working here? She tried to explain that she was only there for a minute. I said, "I don't care, if you had any common sense, you wouldn't park like that." She could tell that I was mondo pissed-she tried to apologize but I just walked away. I bought a cone the next day.

6. AllProMow

AllProMow LawnSite Member

I had nearly the same thing happen to me. I had the trailer unhitched on the street and was backed in the driveway with the truck, as I working in the back yard. I come around to find a car parked directly in front of the trailer. I was so mad, it was late and I wanted to go home. I assumed it was someone at City Hall which was across the street. I backed up to the car and was ready to hook a log chain on it to move it when the owner comes out to move it. Turns out the car was a councilman's and the city council saw it all unfold through a window, which is why he came out to move it. I was so pissed I did not say a word. How about some common sense?

Same house, just recently: A guy who lives across the street from the home parks his car in the middle of the block making it nearly impossible to park truck and trailer. I pull up to the rear of the car with my front bumper over the rear bumper of his car and proceed to get to work. I happen to look up to see him examining my parking job and looking at me like "What the Hell?" So I ask him if there is a problem and he says back off my car. So I go into it about parking it on his own side of the street or at one end of the block or the other. So he says 'park in front of the car.' I say 'Ok I'll just drop the gate on the hood?' Pretty much came down to me saying "I'm not moving it unless I'm touching it." He took off mumbling obscenities under his breath. How about a little courtesy for a guy that's just trying to do his job?

7. fastcat

fastcat LawnSite Senior Member

you should have told that woman that pushed you if she does it agian you will push back and tell her to remember that you can push a lot harder that she can. you could have gotten her for assault.

8. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

didn't read the whole thing, but could you come in at an angle to at least hook up to the trailer? I've had to do that many times before. Now I just park in the back 40 or along the drive if there's room.

9. BFLL

BFLL LawnSite Member

You guys wants some crackers to go with that wine??

10. AllProMow

AllProMow LawnSite Member

I'll pass on the wine, but if you've got some cheese to go with the crackers.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.