Ariens 2348 ZTR

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by The Intimidator, Feb 23, 2008.

1. The Intimidator

The Intimidator LawnSite Member

What are you're guy's opinions on the ariens 2348 ZTR mower. It has a Kohler Courage 23 hp twin 48" deck it was bought new last spring and has around 50 hours on it. I was on the mower last summer and it provides a nice cut and has had all maintenance done. He is asking 4000$ for it and paid 5800 for it last year. I found this link with all the specs and everything on the mower http://www.hanleycompany.com/new_veh....asp?veh=35449 I will also gain about 15 contracts from him from the start and He has run advertising this spring and will direct all inquires to me with his recommendation. He is going to focus on the construction/landscaping side of things rather then both He enjoys that more then cutting lawns. What are you're guy's opinions on this deal I feel it will be worth it just to gain the customers. My only concern is I can't find any reviews on this machine and no body on here seems to use the ariens equipment I would like the mower to last a minimum of two seasons until I can afford better equipment even then I will probably have someone running it while I run the new machine although it will not see as much use as it will in the first two years.

2. hackitdown

hackitdown LawnSite Silver Member

Sounds like a deal. I'd jump on it. Worst case scenario, you sell the mower if it is no good, and buy something better. Having those accounts is a really good head-start.

3. The Intimidator

The Intimidator LawnSite Member

Thanks for the advice Pretty much what I figured. I was just hoping somebody had used the ariens ztr's before and could offer me advice on the pro's and con's of the machine.

Here is a list of my equiptment I own right now.

Mtd 4.5 hp 21" mulch/bag mower
    Stihl fs55 trimmer
    stihl bg55 blower for driveways and sidewalks
    stihl 024 super av chainsaw
    And 90% of all the hand tool's and other things I need
    12x5' flatbed trailer
    2002 gmc envoy 4x4
    87 gmc sierra 4x4 pickup

I Need to buy or want to buy this stuff before start of the season.

The Ariens ZTR mower
    Honda commercial 21" mower
    Stihl km 85 trimmer with the pole pruner and edger attachment
    14x8x1.5'deep dual axle trailer and a few other goodies I think I should be covered fairly well with what I have to start with though :)