Ariens a Good Mower

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by Gravelyman, Jul 27, 2010.

1. Gravelyman

Gravelyman LawnSite Member

I was just wondering if Ariens is a good mower? I just sold my Gravely and I have a cheap buget and I looked at The ariens 42 inch deck ride on mower and it looked like a good mower but I have never used or had a Ariens so I was wondering if it i:confused:s?

2. bradseabridge

bradseabridge LawnSite Senior Member

it has a junk engine in it, if you are talking about the one they sell at home depot. When I looked at one for shits and giggles the engine didn't even have a brand name on it, but it looked like a briggs.

3. kemco

kemco LawnSite Senior Member

Ariens and Gravely are the same company. Gravey is generally the commercial brand, ariens the homeowner brand. However, some homeowner use models are branded under the Gravely name. Dont know if that helps any or not.

4. the.hines

the.hines LawnSite Member

I have the 42 Zoom that came from Home depot. I am not saying it is the best out there, but it fits though back gates and it is fast enough for doing houses. It has a Briggs on it Just change the oil every month.

5. Gravelyftw

Gravelyftw LawnSite Member

Ariens=homeowner Gravely

6. mowing4rlife

mowing4rlife LawnSite Member

I have one 42in zoon ariens that works very well for when the other mower are being service that i use. What size to you have?