Ariens makes deal to buy out Auburn Industries

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mowingman, Oct 26, 2007.

1. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

Today, Ariens closed the deal to buy out Auburn Industries. Auburn produced the Everide and Great Dane machines before they went bankrupt. This should assure parts for those machines will remain available.

2. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

What are they going to do with it?? There are alot of family that are affected by this.

Gravely seems to have the stuff together, i dont see them using (auburn) for there mowers. thats what deere had to do to have a commercial mower.

John

3. Mowingman

from Texas

In the press release I read, Ariens folks said they would rehire about 40 employees. They had previously stated they had no interest in operating the Auburn plant.
    MY GUESS IS THIS: Ariens will finish production of some of the machines already on the line. They will inventory everything, and move the whole parts and manufacturing operation back to the existing Ariens plants in Wisconsin. Those plants can easily absorb this production. I also believe they might keep one or two of the Everide ZTR models and put them into production as Gravely machines The stand-up machines will be built as Gravely machines, and also under the J.D. name. Everide and Great Dane will no longer exist as brands. This is my GUESS.

4. John Gamba

from ct

So do you think the standers will get the new gravely deck??? what do they need the everide riders for??

5. DCE

DCE LawnSite Senior Member

I've heard rumors that they were interested in buying Auburn, so this confirms it. Thanks for the update!

6. kjslawn

kjslawn LawnSite Senior Member

Because that warrior kicks butt! Articulating front end, deck is attached to the front of mower helps with scalping. And it will flat out mow.

7. Mowingman

from Texas

I would think they would want to reduce costs by using the Gravely decks across the line, and the Gravely decks are pretty darn good.
    I was thinking that maybe one or two of the Everide ZTR's has some good design features that Gravely would want to keep. They could just add these to the Gravely 200 series lineup. Heck, who knows what they might do. As a Gravely dealer, I will pass along any info. I get.

8. Cedar Valley Landscapes

Cedar Valley Landscapes LawnSite Member

Darn I was hoping toro/exmark would pick them up and start making a stander. Then i would finally get a stander.

9. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

My guess is that won't be far off.

But I can see where they might re-open in Auburn too on a small-scale production basis. Basically just stander production and whatever since the plant is already equipped for it.

That is unless they didn't buy the real estate... or Wisconsin can produce them more cost effectively.

10. John Gamba

from ct

Theres is better