Ariens Zero Turns?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by doubleedge, Apr 13, 2008.

1. doubleedge

doubleedge LawnSite Senior Member
    from ND

Are the Ariens zero turns any good? How well do they bag/cut? Thanks for any input.
  2. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

They actually mow nice, and are pretty sturdy for homeowner use. However, they are not built to withstand day in-day out commercial use.
  3. Texas Mower Parts

Texas Mower Parts LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

Gravely is their commercial division
  4. lzrj

lzrj LawnSite Member

Ariens high end unit, the 2660, just dosent measure up in commercial standards compares to the other makes. Look at Everride who is now owned by Ariens. Not sure yet what Ariens has in mind for the Everride but I have a feeling they will incorporate the Everide design and name into Ariens over time since the Ariens name is more widely known than the Everride name. Dont know why they would buy the company and then scrap a great mower with the Warrior. Everride was originally designed by Honda so that should tell you something. Too bad Honda didnt keep it and build it themselves but I guess I would of had to pay a thousand or two more for the Honda name. Even one of my neighbors sold his Scags and bought an Everride after seeing my property and testing mine out. He loves his Warrior too and has no regrets selling the Scags ( at least thats what he tells me to my face :) ).
  5. lzrj

lzrj LawnSite Member

Didnt know they owned Gravely. I tested a Gravely 252 and it was a nice unit. But the 252 still cost more and had less handy features than the Everride.