Ariens ZTR's

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by whacked_46, Mar 16, 2003.

1. whacked_46

whacked_46 LawnSite Member

I picked up a bunch of things at the dealer today and just as i was leaveing i saw an ariens ZTR. I dont remember the model name or number but i remeber them saying that its from there pro series. But i am unable to fine info on ariens pro line, if there is one at all....

But my question is.....Would and ariens ZTR work for me and does any one use and ariens out there. I only do about 20 contracts a week. and 5 are fairly large. I hope there is some one out there that can give me some info..

Thanxs again

2. Fvstringpicker

Fvstringpicker LawnSite Fanatic

From what I've seen, the Gravely-Arien is basically a fairly well built "homeowner" mower.

3. I have a 1999 model and it works great, it is built like a tank except the stamped deck and plastic trim to fancy it up. the newer ones are terrible, mine is like the gravely pro series. mine has the briggs vangaurd on it and its the best small engine in my opinon. Airens dosn`t have a pro line any more just this homeowner ****. try gravely.

4. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

There now calling it the ZOOM 22. It's a knock Off of the Smaller gravely. 22 Briggs with A Cheaper airflow deck. areins.com.
    John

5. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

Ariens owns Gravely or the other way around but they are the same thing if you didn't know that already. Of course that doesn't mean that your Ariens dealer can get Gravely's :(

6. Ariens does own gravley. Like I said don`t get ariens because they are just home owner now go to gravley .I`m gonna buy a used gravley Pm 310 this spring. The new ariens mowers don`t have the vangaurd engine, with the vangaurd you get a 2 year comercail warrenty my mower is like the PM 144Z .

7. branhamt

branhamt LawnSite Member

I have a 1742EZR and I can say it will take a beating and still produce a nice cut and strips. It is a homeowner version, and not a commercial unit. I use it on smal and medium yards. I didn't want to walk when I could ride so I bought it at a demo price and am more than happy. Hope this helps.

GREEN THUMB LAWN SERVICE
    TOM

8. jason r.

jason r. LawnSite Senior Member

I also had a 1742 EZR Ariens. I put it through hell and it held up fine. Cut good, mulched excellent and was very light weight. The down sides were.... they only had a few height adjustments and the deck belt kept jumping off or breaking. Got the deck retrovited and didn't really have the belt problems anymore. Ended up selling it for 1k and went and bought a lazer hp. It was like going from a VW to a Caddy!