Ariens

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Grass_Nerd, Jul 3, 2004.

1. Grass_Nerd

Grass_Nerd LawnSite Member

Anyone out there mowing with Ariens mowers? Like/dislike?

2. MOJO111

MOJO111 LawnSite Member

Hi grass nerd I just bought a zoom 1640 for contract work
    runs and cuts sweat as

3. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

I have 2, self-propelled, 21 inchers for years now...they work great, no complaints.

4. PaulJ

PaulJ LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a 21" 3speed with a 6hp robin engine. The engine is great starts 1 pull 90% of the time without choking it.
    The cut is pretty good for a 21" up to about 2.75"
    I am considering another one but with the disc drive. I don't think they make the 3 speed anymore because of problems. I have had problems with the final drive.
    overall a good mower.

5. blankenshiplawncare

blankenshiplawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Have on of the Scotts versions of the Areins 21" with casters on the front (hard to use on hills). Love it though. Starts every time on the first or second pull. Pretty good price, mid $600's.

6. i have the 21 inch commercial use it in tandem on my own lawn with a old two stroke toro ...only thing i dont like ..the plastic wheels

7. BOTURF

BOTURF LawnSite Senior Member

i have 3 ariens self propelled 21 inchers and 1 st 2 were great with the tecumshi ( sp ) moters but last one had a briggs and is a pile of crap but all in all very very rugged mowers cause we beat them to death on the rough traffic islands that we mow

8. PaulJ

PaulJ LawnSite Bronze Member

Do you other guys have the ones with the disc trans? how does it hold up? I'm thinkng of getting another with a honda. I can't decide if the extra $300 for the comercial engine and trans is worth it.

9. Nick17

Nick17 LawnSite Member

Has anyone had expierence with the Sport-Zoom 2560XL? Looks like a nice little machine.. with 7guage steel!

-Nick