Arkansas ice storm

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by turf dog, Feb 17, 2006.

1. turf dog

turf dog LawnSite Member

Looks like we are in for a good ice storm this weekend. If it is anything like the ice storm a few years ago there should be a lot of clean up work. Get your chainsaws ready.

2. McClain

McClain LawnSite Member

Gets a good one i'm ready:drinkup: :drinkup:

3. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Great... and here in central Kansas we are in the 'eye' of the storm. Lots of precipitation north, south, east, and west, but NOTHING here. Oh we have a slight chance for some sleet or flurries but nothing substiantial.
    I'm hoping like hell we get some real rains before spring starts, otherwise this is going to be a very bleak year.

4. tat900

tat900 LawnSite Senior Member

have fun turf already got enough cleanups to do now and i still gotta get my yards prepped for spring

5. McClain

McClain LawnSite Member

SOMEONE PLEASE explain why they moved this one......Im not getting why they move some but not others...I'm not being rude just want to know...:dizzy:

6. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Probably because it has nothing to do with "commercial lawn mowing" but it is related to the green industry in general since it's about the weather.

7. lawnprosteveo

lawnprosteveo LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

yesterday we had a hi temp of 73, a low of about 22, thunderstorms about 45 miles south, wildfires about north and south of us..now we have a winter storm warning!

God I love Oklahoma.....:drinkup:

8. EagleOne

EagleOne LawnSite Member

My mom lives in Little Rock and she was sliding everywhere.