Arkansas members?

Discussion in 'Network: South' started by Dugann, Oct 22, 2009.

1. Hawg City Lawns

Hawg City Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

obviously not a true hog fan shame on you saying alabama is going to win
  2. Karmascapes

Karmascapes LawnSite Member
    from NLR, AR

whoa, simma down now. To be honest i have lived in Georgia more than AR and am really a dawgs fan, sure go ahead and rag about last week, but i do enjoy the ar atmosphere and loyalty the ar fans have to the hogs. Nutt about ruined it for me. But i like petrino and think he will really beable to solve the issue AR has had for quite some time and that is bringing in top QB recruits.

I am pulling for the hogs, but if i were to bet, $ on AL.

You got tickets?
  3. lawncareinc

lawncareinc LawnSite Member

4. mowing4rlife

mowing4rlife LawnSite Member

Just started my own mowing business last year and i started mowing at the end of may. When do people start wanting the mowing service around here in North West Arkansas?
  5. rreyn1812

rreyn1812 LawnSite Senior Member

Probably later than here in central AR, but I will do an initial low cut mow and cleanup today. Generally I will start full time mowing in mid- to late April depending on the weather for many of the lawns, but all lawns will be going full time by the first part of May. Lot of it depends on the customer. One year I was able to start in late March.
  6. Hawg City Lawns

Hawg City Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

depends on the grass.. junk grass is usually mid april bermuda is usually early may
  7. ozarklawns

ozarklawns LawnSite Member

If you have the setup you can offer to cut the dead grass in March/April prior to aeration. I call it scalping but Ive heard numerous names for it. Dont do this on fescue. Only warm season grass. I offer it prior to aeration. Gets the schedule going early and keeps the property looking clean. Also, with weeds growing like CRAZY I have a few clients that want them mowed down as needed b/c the turf is still dormant. Also spring clean ups are needed as well as final leaf removals and mulch. Gutter Cleanout is another one to hit before spring rain hits. Right now Im in mulch city. I have about 60 yds lined up to spread. Even pulling weeds out of beds. It gets you in the door early so you can be with them for the rest of the season.
  8. ozarklawns

ozarklawns LawnSite Member

Oh ya....GO HOGS!
  9. GardnerLawn

GardnerLawn LawnSite Member

Hows my other arkansas competition doing so far this year? Anybody else to busy to sleep yet?
  10. ffemt1271

ffemt1271 LawnSite Bronze Member

i mow a yard here for a man that lives in conway. Yall still having earthquakes up there