Arkansas members?

Discussion in 'Network: South' started by Dugann, Oct 22, 2009.

1. rreyn1812

rreyn1812 LawnSite Senior Member

Some, but not too bad. Less now that they stopped injecting the "fracking" fluids into wells. I used to mow here for a man from Louisiana.

2. rreyn1812

rreyn1812 LawnSite Senior Member

Nah! Cut back by about half this year, and with this heat I'm glad I did. Basically, I'm gradually cutting back until I decide to quit for good in a year or two. Keeping just the best, most profitable properties. At present we're on target to set another record year for heat here in Faulkner county and I'm just getting too old for it, but with this economy I may never get to fully retire. :confused:

3. GardnerLawn

GardnerLawn LawnSite Member

I hear ya man between gas and this heat its hell right now mowing, landscaping, spraying and fertilizing all at the same time.

4. mowing4rlife

mowing4rlife LawnSite Member

Where in NWA Arkansas is there a good place to purchase some good used equipment? How many years old is to old and hours?

5. GardnerLawn

Hows everyone in arkansas so far this year??

6. mowing4rlife

I live in NWA arkansas and work has started to come on slowly. Since the weather has been nice, i have had all my mowing equipment ready since february 1st.

7. GardnerLawn

Man I've gotta start getting my mowing stuff together and serviced up. I'm debating buying a new Z but don't wanna drop the money yet and really haven't had time to. Every time I finish up spraying I land a few more accounts. It's been raining off and on here so soon as I finish spraying again fertilizer will be going out the mowing starts while landscaping at the same time. I'm a one man show thinkin ab hiring someone but never know how that's gonna work eitter
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. mowing4rlife

At this time i don't have a zero turn as you can see the actual list of machines i have to mow lawns with. I only mow up to half an acre and as you are, i am a one man business too. This is my 3rd year in business and my income covers my truck, my wife car,rent, and all the house hold bills. I am 26 years old and was going to school but had to drop out because my business started booming. The biggest succes is by using all form of free advertisement on the web like craigslist.org,facebook.com, ebayclassifieds.com, thumbtack.com,manta.com and a little word of mouth.

At this time i am trying to save up to buy a new zero turn, but like any family own business it hard. The Gravely walk behind i found on craigslist for $600 and has turn out to be a great machine.

9. GardnerLawn

Well buddy maybe we can help each other out then were pretty close with everything. I started my business part time while I was a full time cop just to make ends meet. A year or 2 in I was making more money part time here than a cops salary. I let my police job go and got licnsed to spray and grew from there. I too am 26 will be 27 this year. I don't make alot of money but were getting by and I pay the house and vehicles plus whatever else by my business and have nothing left. Anyways I'm Brandon and sounds like maybe we can help each other with some pointers along the way. I'm in Marion Arkansas and will be finishing up my college this year part time as well give me a shout sometime my number is 901-301-9383 text is fine or email is gardnerlawnservice@gmail.com
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. mowing4rlife

I just sent you an email. Feel free to ask me question,concerns,and i will do the best to answer them in what i have experienced.