Arlington/Mansfield I'll buy any yards or equipment

Discussion in 'Network: South' started by sjames1975, Jun 16, 2005.

1. sjames1975

sjames1975 LawnSite Member

I started mowing for extra money but I ended up really enjoying it. I have 25 lawns now but I cant justify quiting my day job unless I can get 25 more lawns or so. I also need to upgrade my equipment.

I had a guy that wanted to sell me 86 lawns but I wasnt fast enough.

Help? Anyone?

Scott/Arlington

2. Brayzon Landscaping

Brayzon Landscaping LawnSite Member

What kind of upgrades are you trying to make....What do you need?

3. sjames1975

Thanks for your reply.

I am needing to upgrade just about everything. Im not really sure what I need as far as equipment goes. I just know I need better than what I have.
    If I upgrade the way i would like, i am going to need a trailer. (Im just using my pick up right now)

Id like to get a bigger walk behind mower for sure. Id really like a zero turn but they are just too expensive for me right now.

Im currently using my own personal home grade equipment to mow 24 lawns a week by myself. I could probably do 30 a week if I had more efficient equipment.

Any help yall have would be greatly appreciated.

4. Brayzon Landscaping

I was wondering how much are you looking to spend i have a friend, that has a walk behind that you may want to look at! Let me know so, I can tell you if you are even in the ballpark!

5. sjames1975

Well, I have seen used walk behinds from $500 to $1500 depending on the condition of the mower and brand name etc......

Im probably not in a position to spend more than $700 to $900.

I know this limits me but i have the rest of the season to save more. Do you know any one with a trailer? Ill need one of thos first before I get any heavy equipment.

6. Brayzon Landscaping

I have one 37 inch toro (15hp Kolher) that i am going to sell...I carried in the back of my pick-up for two years....I used ramps to get it up in the truck...believe me this mower will cut your work load way down. With this mower you should be able to get 25 done in one day if you start earlier...depending on drive time.

7. sjames1975

What do you want for it and how old is it? My yards aren't far apart. I do 2 every morning before work and 8 on sunday and 8 on mondays.

8. Brayzon Landscaping

It is about 8 years ... I believe! It looks rough!!! I trust it for any job. I want $1300.00

9. sjames1975

That's A little high for me right now. Maybe in a month or so if you still have it.

10. Brayzon Landscaping

No problem... I know a friend of mine that might want to sell his a little cheaper...but it needs work!