Armrests on suspension seat

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by lazer 46, May 7, 2003.

1. lazer 46

lazer 46 LawnSite Senior Member

I've got 3 hrs. on my new Lazer 26hp with the suspension seat. My backup mower is a Lazer with the standard seat. Why are the armrests on the suspension seat so narrow? While the seat is more comfortable, the armrests I am finding are not. The standard seat had wider armrests allowing my arms to be more comfortable.

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

lazer 46:

Thanks for the post. It's basically the choice of the seat manufacturer to make the armrests either comfortable or durable. We make our standard seat, and another company makes the suspension seat for us. The armrests on the suspension seat are quite durable, but they are not very soft and are much more narrow than the armrests on our standard seat.

The armrests on our standard seat, however, are more comfortable, but they don't hold up quite as long. We're always looking into the quality of the material in the armrests to keep it soft but make it last longer. Since we make the standard seat, we have a lot more control over the design of the armrests.

We're coming out with a compromise between the standard seat and the more expensive, suspension seat. The new seat will offer you an improved ride like the suspension seat, but it will cost about $300 less and will be more comfortable. It should be available in June. Check with your local Exmark Dealer for more information. If you have any other questions, feel free to contact me when you can.

Here to help,

Dustin

3. wareagle

wareagle LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

What will it cost to upgrade the standard seat to the new and improved seat? or even to upgrade to the current suspension seat?

4. eXmark

Wareagle,

Thanks for the post. The current suspension seat has a MSRP of around $570.

Our product guys are holding the upgrade details on the standard seat hostage until late this month or early next month. At that time they are going to give us the pricing information as well as letting us know when they will be available.

Thanks

Terry

5. lazer 46

lazer 46 LawnSite Senior Member

I am now at 12 hrs. on the Lazer. The armrests will last forever simply because there is no way to comfortably rest my arms and use the controls. After spending $9500 on a new machine I am not about to invest in a different seat.

6. eXmark

Lazer 46,

Just to show you can teach an old dog new tricks I learned something new to day..............or was reminded of something I forgot..............It's hard to say.

On the current suspension seat the armrests do have some adjustment to them. If you flip the arm rest up you will see an opening in the underside toward the hinge point. Inside this opening is a bolt. If you crank it in you will increase the upward angle of the armrest there by slightly increasing the arm rest height.

You never know it just might do the trick for you.

Thanks

Terry

7. kppurn

kppurn LawnSite Senior Member

I was wondering if there's any news on the upgraded seat? I'm thinking about getting the suspension seat and stumbled upon this thread. I figured I would check on this upgrade before I drop $600. Thanks for any info.

8. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

I don't have any problems with the arm rests. I HAD the stock, back bucking "no springs" seat that came standard. Could NOT take the beating that seat gave me. IMHO, the arm rests are nothing compared to the improvement in overall seat comfort that the suspension seat gives you.

I've banged into branches and other things that would have EASILY ripped the old seats armrests. It did nothing to the solid sturdy ones on the suspension seat.

9. eXmark

Kppurn,

The new suspension bolts to the current "standard" non-suspension seat. I tried one out again the other day and I was again impressed.

The part number for the new suspension is 103-4754 and it retails for around $200. Your dealer should be able to order one in for you. As far as any other changes in seat we may not see those until we see the 2004 model line up in November.

If the standard seat fits you well the suspension system may be the right move for you.

Thanks

Terry

10. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?threadid=48529

This thread has turned into a topic about the new suspension system. Thought you guys might like to see it. Anyone interested, I give my highest seal of approval on this product.

P.S. The anti-blowout baffle also gets my seal of approval.