Around fences and flower beds...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by angnak, Apr 6, 2006.

1. angnak

angnak LawnSite Member
    from NC

What do you guys use around the above as a growth regulator or whatever?
    The reason I ask is because I have a client that has a vinyl fence that has a board each side of the runner that is spaced about 3in apart and the grass in between I can not get to. Any suggestions? I have already chipped a couple of places.
  2. lawncare18

lawncare18 LawnSite Senior Member

Roundup!!! In A Spray Tank Spray A Thin Line Near The Fence All The Way Down It !! Best Of Luck
  3. angnak

angnak LawnSite Member
    from NC

I was trying to stay away from turning the grass brown. Doesn't look good to me.
  4. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

PGR's are labeled for use on commercial properties only and if the NC Dept of AG catches you using any on residential lawns they will cite you. This assumes you are license as an applicator. If not you'd be in even deeper with them.
  5. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

With a growth regulator you will still have to cut it ever so often. But like MMLawn said you can't use the pGR on residential. Round up would be about the only alternative that I can think of, assuming you are licensed.
  6. nelbuts

nelbuts LawnSite Bronze Member
    from SW, FL

Check Cut Less.

I saw no notice for commercial restrictions.
  7. Precision

Precision LawnSite Silver Member

edge a line, use round up inside the line.

then continuosly edge and spray periodically for weeds.

3 inch border. after a few weeks it will look normal.
  8. chriscraft

chriscraft LawnSite Senior Member

We tell the customer its thier responsibility and explain why our trimmers cant do the job,We also wont trim around vinly siding because it cant be done w/o the chance of daamgeing it eventually. 95% understand and agree when it's explained properly