Arrested and jailed for bad lawn

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by RigglePLC, Jul 6, 2008.

1. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

2. whoopassonthebluegrass

whoopassonthebluegrass LawnSite Platinum Member

It's like the little old lady here in UT who couldn't afford to water... Just shameful. Why can't the neighbors offer to help instead of calling the cops? Sheesh.
  3. Tscape

Tscape LawnSite Bronze Member

Throw away the key! That guy should be making license plates. Somebody has to teach people that quality turf is not just nice, it's the law.

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

wow thats stupid arrested for not having a nice lawn. shouldnt the owner decide what they want their lawn to look like
  5. greendoctor

greendoctor LawnSite Fanatic

There is more to this than just the messy lawn. Having loud parties does not endear you to the neighbors. If you recreate the scenes from Animal House or any of those other fraternity movies in real life, better believe people will find an excuse to give you a hard time.
  6. PHS

PHS LawnSite Senior Member

The article also states that he was arrested for his failure to appear in court. The cops probably found out about the FTA when they were at the house for the noise violation and served the warrant while they were there. Although getting arrested for lawn care makes for a much better story.

To a degree yes but if it's a nice neighborhood there are most likely rules that the homeowners agree to follow when they buy the property.
  7. trying 2b organic

trying 2b organic LawnSite Senior Member

"just a lawn, not something to get mad over" ??? The hell you say!! He got off easy as far as I'm concerned. :walking:
  8. Milwaukee

Milwaukee LawnSite Member

wow that is worse.

my friend who alway gone all time never stay home during day just midnight to early morning. He try mow grass but never put chemical to kill crabgrass or weed.

One time his very patient neighbor wrote note to his and left on his door when he got home.

note say My Dad, I was check our lawn and see those weed grow so we remove it then it still grow so we saw lot weed in your yard so can you put chemical to kill weed then it won't spread to our lawn.

Thank you.

I was surprise because most neighborhood don't mind another lawn.
  9. corey4671

corey4671 LawnSite Silver Member

problem we have around here is people think that just because this is a rural community, that they can live like they are "out in the country". We are a town of about 600 people but we still have laws and codes and regulations. People here will let the grass get up knee high and then whack it down. Now I am all for property owner rights. I'm all about my freedom, HOWEVER, you have to remember in a CITY where you have residents living closer together that tall grass harbors snakes and mice and other disease carrying vermin. That is the biggest reason I see for keeping your property in an orderly maner. Another thing, especially here, what does unsightly property do to the possibility of commercial development namely RETAIL development? Would YOU want to build a gas station or resteraunt next to a slum? NO. It would project a bad image on your business. I began serving on our community planning commission this spring and am contemplating launching a write in campaign for city alderman simply based on my pet peeve of unsightly property in my community. I might just take the camera out tomorrow to give you guys an idea of what I am talking about. There are two guys running that have NO desire to claen up their property. One is borderline on having a junkyard/dump right in the middle of town! sorry for the rant but when I see stories like this it reminds me of the crap I put up with here.