1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Arrowhead Stadium/new turf ???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bluemoon, Dec 10, 2003.

1. bluemoon

bluemoon LawnSite Member
    from Kansas

Hey KC members,
    I read where Arrowhead has new turf. What was wrong with the old? What kind of turf did they replace and what is the new stuff?
    I wonder how stable the new turf will be.
    Just curious.
  2. Hamons

Hamons LawnSite Senior Member

I think they were just putting in new turf because of it had been heavily worn with footballa nd soccer on the fiels all season.

I believe the turf they use is Tifway 419 plus Ph.D Ryegrass. I know they have been having trouble withthe bermuda gras s- but it was what Marty wanted when he coached here because he said it slowed other teams down.

Maybe they have put in a new kind of grass now? I don't know. We are lucky hree in kansas city. I was in reading Sports Turf magazine that kauffman stadium was vorted 5th best stadium by the major leagur players. All the stadiums rated above it were in warm weather cliamtes.
  3. Barkleymut

Barkleymut LawnSite Bronze Member

They wrote a really good article in the Lesco magazine about the turf at Arrowhead. I would go look at it but I gave it to a friend who is a Chiefs fanatic.
  4. Royalslover

Royalslover LawnSite Senior Member

I know that during the big 12 championship game, the announcers were saying that they had painted the field for that game and were going to replace it before the next Chiefs game. I don't see how they well get it to grow now, or do they just staple it down good to get through Dec?
  5. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas