1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice
  1. plantzpropertymanagement

plantzpropertymanagement LawnSite Member

Anybody ever just feel like driving there mower off a cliff i do feel like it with my cubcadet ztr 42 it just keeps having problems after problems. I already know why did i buy it in the first place well i was new to the buisness and was not very informed on what to buy the place i got ti from just wanted a quick sell and i was out the door now problem after problem anybody want to buy it hahaha.
  2. ChadsLawn

ChadsLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

how long have you had it? Is it still under warranty?
  3. ABeautifulCutAboveInc.

ABeautifulCutAboveInc. LawnSite Member

If it's still under warranty take the damn thing back. I'm no expert in this business but, when it comes to commercial lawn mowers, you get what you pay for. That's why the cub cadets are several thousand dollars cheaper than say a Hustler, Gravely or a Chopper. The machines take a beating, it has to be built right. I myself have a hustler and it's a hell of a machine. I love it. Paid a pretty penny, but well worth the money. The mower doesn't cost you money, it makes you money.
  4. LawnmanJ

LawnmanJ LawnSite Member

In this business you must keep in mind "you get what you pay for" But in your situation Its been made clear that you were uninformed and now are paying the price..... Now that you know, IMO I would try and get a Scag or Hustler not to bad on the price and well worth what you pay for.
  5. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

he bought a homeowners machine, it wont last any better then a hustler grade homeowner machine.... you know not of what you speak....

cub cadet has a awsone grade of commercial mowers, that are the same damn price as every other commercial mower..... :nono:
  6. daveintoledo

get rid of it and look at a commercial machine, all brands have good points and bad... but the commercial warrenty is what really matters.... :)
  7. ATVracer

ATVracer LawnSite Senior Member
    from Indiana

How many hours are on it and what have the problems been?
  8. ABeautifulCutAboveInc.

Daveintoledo, you may be right about I know not what I speak. I'm no expert in this buisness by far, I've said it many times. The man does need a commercial grade, absolutly. If thats all he could afford, then I understand. I also agree with you about every machine has good points and bad. My drawback on mine is that it's over 950 pounds, it's only a 44" deck with a 23 hp. The upside is that it's built like a tank. You said "he needs to get a commercial grade." Like I said, you get what you pay for. I use to work for a guy a few years ago that was cheap on his pay and had two cadets. They broke down numerous times. Nobody here in Central Florida has cadets! Were in zone 9, grass grow almost year around. You MUST have a well built piece of equipment to handle the conditions here.
  9. daveintoledo

you will find nothing but good things said about them...
  10. ABeautifulCutAboveInc.

I've taken a look on cubcadet.com before. I looked on their site before purchasing my equipment. Actually, I looked at alot of different brands. Dixons, choppers, danes, walkers etc.. Some, I personally thought was over priced. The dealer where I bought my equipment gave me a big discount on my stuff. But, I'm pleased with my equipment. I have redmax trimmer, edger, and blower. To be honest, I'm not crazy about my stick edger. It likes to bog down on me alot.