Arrrrggghhh Rain ON and OFF

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by topsites, May 14, 2006.

1. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

That I hate...

Here I am servicing this big lot I got, an hour into it and it starts to come down.
    Ok, no problem, pack up and go home and come back tomorrow, right?
    And am I glad, boy it was really coming down hard, cats and dogs and stuff.

Two hours after that, the sun is out and it will be 3pm and I get to head back out to finish what I started.

grrrrr.....

2. qualitylawnmanagement

qualitylawnmanagement LawnSite Bronze Member

I hate when it rains like it is here. It rains off and on. Then as soon as it dries a little be it states raining again. And the worst part is it is the light rain just pisses me off, if your going to rain you better rain hard or not at all.:laugh:

3. Shawns Lawns

Shawns Lawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from Maine

I cut alot of my accounts on Saturday and i had one customer tell me not to come maintain his lawn since it was wet. He asked me to come on Monday but it's supposed to rain Monday - Thursday. If it does not rain i am not making another trip out to cut one person when i was already in that area.:waving:

4. Gatewayuser

Gatewayuser LawnSite Bronze Member

I can mow rain or shine as long as the lawns are not soft. I use a 21'' John jc21c with a bagger for the small props and around walks and drives then the gateway everywhere else and it turns out just like it didn't even rain! On the thick yards I take another employee along and have them pickup clumps, and it still looks great. My customers love me! Its actually nice sometimes mowing in the rain.

5. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

I have mowed plenty of times in the rain, but i wouldn't have called it nice lol. Your clothes and shoes get all soggy.... YOu trudge around weedeating with grass sticking to you.:(

6. Gatewayuser

Gatewayuser LawnSite Bronze Member

Not if you wear the right boots are you wearing sneakers if you are you need to wear boots for safety. I wear water proof jacket with my biz name on it. I don't do the weed eating my employees do.:)

7. grassmanvt

grassmanvt LawnSite Senior Member

Rain on and off all day here to, not that hard though, business as usual, didn't even brake out the rain suit.

8. lawnkid

lawnkid LawnSite Senior Member

We cut through the rain on Thursday, Friday, and /Saturday this week. It was steady on thursday and friday and luckily cleared in the afternoon on saturday but it's supposed to rain the next 6 days and we don't have time to waste and watch our lawns grow two feet before we cut them. The only thing that sucked was that our two Walkers got clogged a couple times but you gota expect that when collecting clippings in the rain with any mower. And so much for those seeding jobs we have been doin the last 3 weeks. If they weren't poppin I am afraid to even look at them now :cry: