Article in Lawn Magazine

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DFW Area Landscaper, Jan 11, 2008.

1. DFW Area Landscaper

DFW Area Landscaper LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

I was just on the phone talking with another landscaper in my area about fert prices and he mentioned that one of the lawn magazines did an article on me.

I remember a lady calling me a few months back asking me about my Fire Ant program. She said it was for a magazine article.

Anyway, if anyone knows what magazine this was, I'd like to see the article. The landscaper I was talking to said they mentioned my company name, Meier's Landscape Maintenance.

Thanks
    DFW Area Landscaper

2. Wells

Wells LawnSite Member
    from SLC UT

The article was in the 12/07 issue of "Lawn & Landscape".
    The article starts on page 48 and ends on page 51.

3. T.E.

T.E. LawnSite Senior Member

Yes I saw the article also. Good job man.

Tony

4. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

Fertilizer prices are going through the roof and I will tell you exactly why!

I farm, and commodity (corn, soybeans, wheat) prices are the highest they have ever been in the history of farming. The fertilizer and chemical companies will gouge the farmer for all he can stand while crop prices are high. Landscapers and anyone else that uses fertilizer will fall under their high cost umbrella because of they are taking advantage of the American farmer.

To give you and idea if I used commercial fertilizer it would cost me $100.00 plus per acre per crop at this time. I use my own poultry litter and I have $13.80 per acre in my wheat and will have the same thing per acre when I double crop the soybeans after wheat harvest. Poultry litter is far superior to commercial fertilizer which consist of N-P-K only, litter has nitrogen,
    phosphorus and potash but is also loaded with minor elements which anything that grows also needs.