Article in NYT - Thanks Lawnsite!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JimLewis, Jul 11, 2004.

1. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

Hey, our company got mentioned, pictures of our employees got posted, and excerpts from an interview with me made it into the New York Times yesterday - Friday. It made it in both the print and the online version of the paper. The story is here;

NYT Article

Lisa Kalis, the author, got interested in doing the story after reading a thread we had on Lawnsite a while back. So thanks Lawnsite - a little extra P.R. always helps!
  2. SouthernFried

SouthernFried LawnSite Senior Member

I think you have to sing up with NY Times to be able to view the story...I wasn't able to see it.

NY Times, eh? Pretty amazing.
  3. JimLewis

Yes, that's true. They want your email address and for you to create a username and answer a few questions before you can read any of their articles online. That kinda sucks.
  4. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

Jim, my uncle gets that paper, what's the date on it.......the 10th, or the 9th? How many copies do you have? lol. if you need more, send me a hollar and I'll ship them to ya. Or is the NY times available everywhere?
  5. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

can ya post the article on here for us to read it please... and fga, NY times is available everywhere.
  6. Mark McC

Mark McC LawnSite Bronze Member

Congrats Jim! That's spectacular. Keep up the good work.
  7. JimLewis

Hah! Now one of the big local News Channels here in town has called and is coming out tomorrow to do a TV News Spot. They are doing a similar story and saw us in the NYT and want to come out tomorrow and take pics and interview me for the story.

I just can't stay out of the news. :eek:
  8. SouthernFried

SouthernFried LawnSite Senior Member

I'd really like to see the story, Mebbe I'll sign up with the NY Times. But, man...I really hate that paper :)

This has got to be the coolest thing in the world for sure would be for me. How many copies do you have now, and what kinda frames have you got them in? :)
  9. chevyman1

chevyman1 LawnSite Senior Member

Can you go ahead and cut and paste the article?
  10. Vermonster

Vermonster LawnSite Member

Use these to log in:
    member ID: shv5023
    password: av8rsmd