1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Articulating hedge trimmers -- worth buying?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by naturescape, Apr 12, 2005.

1. naturescape

naturescape LawnSite Bronze Member

For you people out there with articulating hedge trimmers -- do you like them? I have the Tanaka hedgetrimmers, I think 18", but I am interested in the a.h.t. for taller hedges and shrubs. Are they hard to use?
  2. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

I have the attachment articulating hedge trimmer for my stihl trimmer and they work well. It makes the tall bushes a breeze to trim. Gets the job done quicker and that means more money in my pocket. payup payup I have had mine for about 3 years now and it was a good purchase for me. :waving:
  3. BigMike

BigMike LawnSite Member

I have the Echo articulating hedge clippers...and, I wouldn't buy or replace this one with non-articulating ones. Spend the extra money! Why? When using the articulating hedge clippers, I'll bet that I keep the angle constant for approximately 85% of the time...now, the other 15% is the kicker. The ability to vary the angle of a very long tool is paramount. You just need that certain angle sometimes...can't really say it better than that; except, that you'll use less tools to complete jobs.

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

We could not do all the jobs that we do with put them.
    YES they are.
    I have the Stihl combi set up with the extra extension pole and it's great. A bit heavy but we can switch to the smaller ones for a while if the arms get too tired.
  5. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

i wouldn't leave home without them.
  6. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

They're a godsend when you need them.
  7. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

we have the ecco. they are a necessary tool for us.
  8. naturescape

naturescape LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks guys, sounds like I'll have to buy one!
  9. Tanaka

Tanaka Inactive

10. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

They're Used in Straight Configuration 99% of the Time....The Fold is Nice on the Long Pole Articulators for Transport & Storage.